【Chapter 3】

(𝗬/𝗡) 𝗣𝗢𝗩

"I will go then, there is no way you can do this," said Reki to Langa.

"No," said some man as he held his hand out to Langa. As he picked up Langa he said again: "He will be the one skating". As they both stood there. I finally noticed who it was.

"Cherry," I said as the other people all around us gasped. "Cherry Blossom?" asked Reki surprised.

"Even if an amateur, if he gets on a board here, he has to skate. That's the rule," said Cherry while he smirked at us."There is no way Langa will skate!", I said sternly, giving Cherry a death glare. He simply ignored my words. However, looked at me amused while crossing his hands confidently.

Reki and I ran up to Langa who is now standing on the skateboard: "Stop it! This is absolutely impossible" said Reki while I just nodded.

"You can break your bones you know that?" I said to him, holding his hand tightly.

" You will never know unless you try," Langa said back at me. After that, Reki and I were forced to go back because the race was about to start.

As we were in the back I screamed at Langa: "Don't go too fast! And don't be reckless!"Reki quickly shushed my mouth with his hand. Confused I looked at him, shrugging my shoulders. "He will manage, (Y/N).", said Reki, making my worries vanish away.

Langa looked at the sidelines, quickly finding me and Reki. He looked deeply into my eyes and gave me a warm smile while brushing his hair back.

Then the traffic light started to light one after another.

The moment all the light turned on I could see how fast Shadow moved forward....while Langa was just standing still. Reki, I and the couple just looked at him with confused faces while everyone was laughing at him.

After a few second of waiting, he crouched down and started to move with his hands forward. Some time later, he got to a small hill where he went down, gaining finally some speed. He didn't have to push himself with his hands anymore.

Then Reki and I went to look on the screen and we saw that Langa was catching up with Shadow.

Then Cherry came up with a motorbike and asked: "I'm gonna ride ahead. Wanna hop on?". To which both Reki and I nodded excitedly. We sat on the motorbike the same way we sat in the Mopped: Cherry was driving, Reki was behind him and once again, I was holding onto Reki.

As we went on the motorbike, I took out my phone to look at how did Langa go and to my surprise, he was almost in front of Shadow. I gasped from happiness to see that Langa was close to passing Shadow.

"Shit," I said because there was a swift turn that got Langa to almost fall, but he did a strange turn which helped him standstill.

As I was looking at my phone Cherry started talking: "I was watching you guys skate. How he puts weight on the board, his stance and posture, and how he fixed his feet in that position.....He is likely someone experienced in snowboarding." "Snowboarding?" I questioned.