【Chapter 14】

(𝗬/𝗡) 𝗣𝗢𝗩

We were running into the sea and as soon as my feet touched the cold water I shivered, but it wasn't long until someone pushed me into the sea. My whole body fell into it with a small squeak, I immediately pushed myself up and looked behind me to see that Miya was the one that pushed me.

"Hey! Why would you do that?!"

"I just wanted to see how would you react, and it was one hundred per cent worth it!" he laughed at me.

Then out of nowhere, we saw Langa running into the sea with his doughnut floatie. Reki then went after him and they swam away as they left me and Miya alone.

I turned around to look at him and I asked: "Do you want to play volleyball in the water?" he nodded his head and ran to get the ball. When he came back, we went into the water and started playing. We were passing it to each other and it looked like it caught the attention of Langa and Reki because they wanted to play also.

"Can we join?" asked Reki and I answered with a cheerful yes. We were now playing, Reki and me on one side and Miya and Langa together on the other side.

We played it for quite some time and it looked like I and Reki were winning.

As the volleyball was getting close, I decided to go for it but I didn't notice that Reki had the same idea. As the ball was getting closer Reki and I started running towards it, so we could pass the ball. Unfortunately because of that, we ended up bumping into each other, falling into the water together.

As we were falling, I felt Reki's chest bump against mine. He embraced the small of my back with one of his hands and with the other he prepared for impact, to catch himself quickly. Our faces were just a few centimetres apart, both of us closing our eyes.

Once we hit the ground we started laughing. Then we heard Miya yell Langa's name, we looked to see what is happening and it looked like Langa got sunstroke, almost fainting. We quickly took him back under the shelter where Reki was fening him.

"Will he be okay ?" I asked Hiromi.

"Yeah, he should be"

"Thank god, I got scared that something serious happened to him."

"I-I'm feeling better," said Langa as he sat up.

"You shouldn't sit up that quickly" I warned him. He looked at me and smiled, which caused me to blush a bit 'he really has a pretty smile' i thought to myself as I looked up at Hiromi because he looked like he wants to say something.

"By the way, where is Joe?"

"Over there" pointed Reki in the direction which we all glanced at. As I looked I noticed that he was flirting with two girls. Not surprised honestly...

"I'll get in his way!" said determinedly Hiromi.

"Don't even try it, you will just do the opposite" warned Reki.

"Opposite?"

Reki then turned to look at Langa and hugged him tightly to his body."Oh no! That guy is scary!" and he hugged him very close to his body. To be honest, it did make me quite jealous to see him hug someone else.

Somehow this thought surprised me, what was I thinking? I instantly cursed myself out for such feelings, embarrassment rushing to my face.

Langa then put his arms around Reki protectively and said in a very weird manly voice: "I will protect you"