【Chapter 16】

(𝗬/𝗡) 𝗣𝗢𝗩

I am now standing in front of a mirror trying to pick the pretties outfit for my date with Reki.

It has been four days since we came from the little trip, nothing much happened after Reki and I had our talk. On the last day of the trip, Reki asked me out on a date and of course, I accepted but now I don't know what to wear.

I tried already ten different looks but in the end, I just picked some short sleeve white shirt that I tugged into (f/c) skirt. I had ten minutes left and I started to stress. I gave myself some light make-up with mascara and I went to put on my favourite sneakers, taking a small bag with me, in which I put my phone and wallet.

When I got out of the house I immediately saw Reki standing in front of our fence with an (f/f) that had a bow tied on the stem. After I closed the door I started walking to Reki, his face was pretty red which meant that he was most probably nervous. But what do I have to say in this, I am so stressed that my palms are sweaty.

"Wow, You look gorgeous (Y/N)" he said with a smile. I blushed from the compliment. "These are for you, I know they are your favourite, Shadow helped me with this idea"

"That's very sweet of you, thank you" I took the flowers from him and put them into my bag so they would be safe and not damaged, he extended his hand to me. I then intertwined our fingers together.

"So how is skating going?" I asked as we walked away from my house.

"Pretty normal, but you should have seen Langa yesterday, he was so cool," Reki said happily.

"I believe you, he is a quick learner after all" I laughed a bit. "And how about you, we haven't skated together in a long time," he asked.

"Oh, now that you mention it, we sure haven't. Well, I guess we should change that."

"Heck yeah!" said cheerfully Reki.

"By the way, you didn't tell me where are we going. I think it's time you finally tell me" I laughed.

"Na ah, it's a surprise" he smirked at me.

"I'm an impatient woman, you do know that don't you?"

"I do but there are things I want to do before we go to that specific place," he said as he stepped in front of me walking backwards while he also took my other hand and guided me.

"Oh, I didn't know you were such a romantic, so you can prepare our first date but, I don't remember the last time you were actually prepared to school" I laughed while Reki rolled his eyes at my joke.

"Haha, very funny... But of course, I had to get prepared for this date, you don't know how long I have wanted to do that for" he then stopped in his track which also caused me to stop walking.

"It's a surprise so you will have to close your eyes" I gave him a questionable look and he just took a sigh and took off his headband and placed it over my eyes so I won't be able to see anything, so I would not peek.

"Well, now I actually can't see anything" I tried to reach for something and I ended up touching Reki's jacket, I clinched it but not long after, he took my hands and started guiding me again.

At first, I was scared that I would bump into something but now I'm not scared anymore. I trust Reki.

After we walked for a bit I decided to ask: "Are we there finally?"

"Almost" I took a deep sigh and after a minute of walking we stopped. "Okay we are here on three you can take the headband off, okay?"

"Yeah"

One...

Two...

Three...

And I took the headband off and I noticed that we were standing on a bridge... it wasn't just some random bridge, it was the bridge me and Reki put a love lock with our names on it when we were kids.

"Cliché, as children we thought that if we would put a love lock on the fence it would mean that we would never separate from each other" he walked to the fence and leaned on it.

"I-I forgot about this place, though the day we put it there, it feels now like it was just yesterday"

"Right, that's what I thought too. I still remember how we locked it here and I said" We are officially married now, I can make love to you"... back then I didn't know what does it mean to make love to someone" Reki chuckled awkwardly.

"Yeah, back then you were innocent" I laughed.

I took a step closer and took the lock into my hands, my fingers traced over the part where was dug:

(Y/N) + Reki = ∞

"It took us so long to engrave it" I laughed and Reki walked over to me. He also took the lock into his hands and chuckled softly "Three hours and eighteen minutes"

"You actually remembered it?!"

"Of course not, I found my old diary where it was written and that's how I came up with this idea" we both laughed. Then Reki took my hand and started talking again:

"We should get going or we will miss it"

"Miss what?" I laughed

"The fireworks"

"There are supposed to be fireworks? Why did I not know about it?" I questioned.

"It's a part of the festival that's happening in the city" I quietly chuckled in response and we both walked to the city. It was a quiet walk but it was very comforting. When we got into the city, we decided to go and buy some snacks. We ended up taking some cut fruit, popcorn and mochi with some soda. Reki also said that he has a special spot from where we would have the perfect view.

We walked up this small hill that wasn't far from the city. It was a very quiet place. Reki then took out of his backpack a blanket and he placed on it the snacks and some sodas then we sat across from each other. It was all super charming. "I didn't know you were good in surprises" I giggled.

"Then there are things you have to still learn about me" he laughed and put a strawberry mochi in his mouth. "I guess that's true" I answered.

I was about to say more but I got disturbed by the loud noise of the fireworks.

After the first one, there were many different ones. They all had different colours and they looked delightful. While it was in the middle of the fireworks, I turned to Reki and said loudly so he could hear me.

"I should thank you for this date, I know it's not over yet but I am really enjoying it so, thank you" I blush a bit.

Reki chuckled and took my chin in his palm, pulled me close and pressed our lips together. It was a gentle kiss.

He then pulled away and brushed one strand of hair out of my face and said: "No, thank you for excepting it"

/////AUTHORS NOTE/////

Hello Dear Readers,

Please forgive me for taking so long to write this chapter, I have so many exams and tests and assessments from school, so I didn't have time to write. I will try to go back to my regular writing so that a new chapter can come out every week.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter if so comment and vote if you would like.

I hope you will have a great day/night.