【Chapter 9】

(𝗬/𝗡) 𝗣𝗢𝗩

We were waiting for Adam to arrive for the race.

We have been here so far for only three to five minutes. Then we finally started hearing people cheering out Adam's name.

Adam

Adam

Adam

The only thing you could hear was people cheering for Adam.

"So, he's here." I heard Reki whisper.

As the crowd of people became silent, they have started cheering again.

"It's Cherry!"

"Joe is here, too!"

The two skateboarders stopped next to Adam and Cherry started: "It's been a while, Adam", "We are here to challenge you to a beef", finished Joe.

The crowd started screaming again, getting all excited.

"Today is beef just between me and Adam! You haven't forgotten our bet, have you?" said Reki

"Of course not. If I win...I will skate with you" he pointed his board at Langa.

After that, everyone gathered around Reki and Adam who were waiting for the traffic light to turn on.

As all the lights turned green, Reki got on his board ahead while on the other hand, Adam didn't move an inch. Instead, he got out of his pocket his cigars, and started smoking one and started talking out of the blue:

"Tabacco dislikes humidity. That's why I carry it around in an airtight case, you really need to make the effort to make sure it tastes good. Joe, you understand this, right?"

"Yeah. In prepping dish or even in the order of serving the dishes." Joe simply gave him an answer.

"Depending on how much effort you put into it, it can be somewhat tasty," said Adam again and after that, he then took his board in his hands and started running, then launched his board on the ground, jumped on it and went ahead.

Then the only way we could see them was on the screen. Everyone was cheering for Adam and praising him for how fast he is. After a few minutes, we saw how he caught up to Reki. Miya, Langa and I got to the screen. The whole screen right in front of my eyes was terrifying. The way Adam skated, the way he treated Reki there, it looked like he is some kind of doll.

I could not look at it anymore. I had a bad feeling about it, so I started running to find something that I could use to get there, just in case if something were to happen.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Miya and Langa yell my name but again I just kept on running.

As I found a moppet, I started running to it but Langa yanked my arm from it. I looked at him with widened eyes and he said while looking into my eyes: "I'm coming with you. You don't know how to drive, and I don't want anything to happen to you.". Then he got on the moppet while I sat right behind him. He started driving.

As we got there, we saw Adam going uphill directly Reki's way. Reki moved backwards on his board which caused him to fall.

At that moment, I thought my heart stopped for a second... like my whole life has been turned upside-down. Reki was just lying there on the ground without moving. As we got to him, I immediately jumped from the moppet and ran to Reki.

"Reki! Are you all alright?" I said with a worried tone and tears were forming in my eyes when I saw that Reki's head was bleeding.

"S-Sorry, I lost," he said as he moved to look at us.

"Don't talk anymore!" I said to him. He then closed his eyes and didn't say anything more. I looked at his unconscious body.

Then Adam came to us and said something to Langa but I didn't pay attention. All I could concentrate on was Reki's unconscious body and more blood that was appearing.

{Time Skip/Hospital}

I was waiting outside for the nurse to tell us how Reki is. It's been fifteen minutes. Langa, Miya, Shadow and I were waiting for the nurse. After Reki's fall, we called an ambulance to come.

We saw the nurse open the door as we all looked at her with worried faces.

She just gave us a small smile and started talking:" Don't worry, your friend is fine, he didn't lose too much blood so that's good. The fall wasn't very serious so he only broke his arm. But besides that, he is fine so you don't have to worry. Although he is still unconscious but he should wake up any moment now."

"C-Can we check on him?" I asked.

"Of course sweetie, but one at a time" as she finished talking, she already left.

I looked at the boys behind me and I didn't even have to ask because Miya answered before I could even ask.

"It's fine, you can go first."

"Thanks", I opened the door and closed it behind me. As I got closer, I saw him. I saw Reki's unconscious body lying on the bed. I took the chair that was in the room and sat it next to his bed. I sat on the chair and I looked at Reki as I examined his hand. I couldn't hold it in anymore... I started crying.

I laid my head on the bed and spoke while crying: "T-This is all my fault... It wouldn't have had to happen if I stayed quiet. There is nothing I can do correctly, you always put yourself in front of me and save me no matter what. But who will be there for me when I move? I-I can't even tell you how I feel about you that's how weak I am... I-"

"I love you Reki, I love you so much," I said as I started crying even more, tightly hugging the bed and my quiet sobbing filled the room.

𝗥𝗲𝗸𝗶'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

My eyes were still closed but I could hear crying. Not just any crying, it was (Y/N)'s crying. Then I could hear her soft voice saying:

"I love you Reki, I love you so much,"

'She WHAT?!'

I then opened my eyes. I took a glance at her shaking body as she laid her head on the bed and sobbed. 'D-Did she say what I think she just said?' I then patted her head as she immediately looked up at me while tears were still streaming down her face.

"Reki!" she said with a shocked tone and she stood up and hugged me.

"I was so scared, I'm so sorry Reki, this is my f-". " No, it's not your fault", I assured her. I then took her shoulder and made her look at me.

"I..."

"I am so happy to see you" I smiled at her. Her eyes widened and she blushed a bit. She climbed on the bed and laid on me, being careful not to hurt me and hugged me tighter.

'No, I can't tell her yet...she didn't say that. It was just my imagination, but I promise that one day I will tell you how I feel about you (Y/N)!' I told myself and hugged her back.

/////AUTHOR'S NOTE/////

Hello, my dear readers,

(ノ'ヮ')ノ*: ・゚

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did, don't forget to vote and comment on your thoughts and follow me if you would like.