Two

I didn't know how much time passed. Hours? All I know was that I was in a minivan. My visions blurred, and I could see three figures. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I could tell they were in a heated argument. When I came to, I could hear a bit of their conversation,

"Liam, what the hell, man?"

I groaned and sat up, which brought everyone's attention to me. I looked up and saw their faces. They seemed to be teenagers, but they were wearing regular clothes. I widened my eyes. I was still in my uniform, but I didn't care. I ran to the door and attempted to open it, but it was locked.

"Woah, hey, hey. It's okay, we won't hurt you," I heard someone say, and I quickly turned around. I surveyed the surroundings and saw two boys, staring at me with wide eyes. Behind them, I saw a familiar face. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Zu?" I questioned breathlessly, and the two boys looked at the little girl. My former roommate stared at me for a moment, before pushing past the two boys and throwing herself at me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. I returned her hug and pulled back, looking at the other kids.

"Who are you guys?" I asked, and the two looked at each other. One of the boys spoke up,

"Who are you?" He asked suspiciously and I scoffed. Of course, they don't trust me.

"My name is Lily. I was Zu's roommate before the breakout happened. She can back me up on that, right?" All three of us turned to Zu, and she nodded her head. I gave her a thankful smile. I then turned. 

"Who are you guys?" I asked again. There was a silence, and the person next to me spoke up.

"I'm Liam, and that's Chubs," He said, pointing to himself, then jabbing his thumb to the person next to him.

"Chubs?"

"It's Charles," He corrected, before throwing a backpack at me. How he got it, I have no idea, but I didn't have a chance to ask.

"There's a fresh pile of clothes in there. There's a flat tire we need to change, so you're all good," He said, before going out of the van. I scoffed as the rest of them exited. 

After a few minutes, I walked out of the van, wearing fresh clothes. I carried the bag over my shoulder, walking towards the three.

Liam finished fixing the tire and smiled at me. 

"Great, now you look like you're a part of the group," He grinned, and I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, a car could be heard making its way. It caught all of our attention, causing us to turn our heads.

"Lee, we gotta go," Chubs said, before taking Zu's hand and running to the van. Liam gently grabbed my arm and I looked at him, widening my eyes.

"Get in the van. I'm not letting you risk yourself if you're on your own."

"What? No, I'm ..." I got cut off by Chubs.

"Lily, get in the damn van. We don't have time for any of this."

I didn't waste any time getting into the van. I'm not kidding, Liam forced me in with his telekinesis.

I landed roughly in the seat and groaned when hit my side. I glared at him, before slapping him on the shoulder.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed, and he turned to look at me from the drivers' seat, "You could've exposed yourself to whoever was in that car."

"Good job, man," Chubs told him, shaking his head. Liam scoffed before starting the vehicle and driving away.

                   ********

"So..." Liam trailed off, trying to defuse the tension, "What color are you? Because I sure as hell know that you're not what you seem."

"I'm, um..." I started, before taking a deep breath, "Promise you won't freak out?"

Liam widened his eyes before slowly nodding his head.

"I'm ... a Red," I said, looking at him to see his reaction, "I made the doctor change my results."

The van suddenly stopped, and we were pushed forward. Liam turned his body and looked at me. Chubs looked at me in shock, and I focused my attention on the floor. Zu gave me a look of pity.

"I saw how scared the doctor was. I didn't know what they were going to do with Reds. So, I told him to change my results to Green. Please don't be scared of me."

After a long, uncomfortable silence, Liam spoke up, "You should stick with us. I don't know, maybe you'll get a chance to save us," 

"Seriously?" Chubs spoke up, now focusing his attention on Liam. Liam looked at me through the rearview mirror. I cracked a smile.

"I don't know, being your knight in shining armor sounds kind of cool," I said, playing along, "or, actually, your knight in a beat-up, black minivan,"

"Hey, don't treat Black Betty that way."

I let out a laugh and Liam smiled as if it was intentional. I calmed down, taking deep breaths.

"You named the van Black Betty?" Suddenly, I frowned. "Wait, how did you even get a van and supplies in a matter of hours?"

Liam stammered. "Actually, it's been two days. You were out for a while."

I turned to him. "Two days? You've been carrying me around for two days?"

Chubs spoke up. "Technically, we've stopped at a place so we can rest. Then we've got supplies."

I looked at the two of them in shock. Liam cleared his throat. "Well then. Welcome to the crew."

I smiled. "You're the one who brought me here, but sure, I'll join your group."

That earned a smirk from him, "I'm glad you did, darlin'."