Twenty-nine

Leonardo was busy working on a medical research on his laptop while Mia and Matt were laughing and painting in the opposite room

"Uncle Aid!" Mia screeched as she sprinted toward Aiden to hug him. "Daddy, uncle Aid is here!" She called out to her dad as if he hadn't noticed.

Great.

"Hey Lil' boss," Aiden smiled fondly at the little child. "Someone's been busy huh?" He pointed at the multi paint splashes on the floor making her giggle.

"Matt and I are painting ladybugs come I'll show you everything uncle Aid." She said, hauling Aiden further into the living room and Leonardo didn't even bother concealing his glare.

"Wow you and Matt are really good." Aiden gasped. He could see the blatant effort right there. "You two should make me a piece sometime and I'll hang it in my office. Can you do that?"

"Yes uncle Aid," Mia clapped her hands excitedly. "Matt will help me paint a nice picture for you. Right Matt?" She quickly turned to ask her friend who was pretty chilled for his age.

"Yup." The kid replied, making sure to concentrate on his master piece.

"Okay kids I will leave you to it." Aiden stated before heading toward Leonardo.

"If you think I'm going to apologize for hitting you then you're completely mistaken." The Italian stated with a permanent scowl on his face.

"I wasn't expecting you to." Aiden said, inviting himself to sit next to Leonardo.

"So what do you want?"

"How serious is this thing with Seth?" No beating around the bush whatsoever, Aiden immediately aimed for the bull's-eye.

For a moment Leonardo stared at his friend, he felt his jaw tightening with so much unexpressed rage. "There's nothing serious going on between me and Seth. He's a good lay so I just fuck him. You know I don't do serious relationships anymore."

Neither of the two men knew Seth was only a wall away, ready to pick things up from where him and Leonardo had left off two days ago.

Shock was an understatement of the century, the resident was devastated. He had a hard time picking up his fallen jaw and heart which had dropped deep inside the pits of his stomach.

He's a good lay so I just fuck him. Wow.

The words were like a shard of glass, stabbing him where it hurt the most—his fragile heart. Seth felt as if he had wet leaves stashed inside his thorax cavity. He was not prepared for that major bombshell.