Nineteen

Dressed in a simple pair of jeans and bare feet Leonardo leaned against a doorframe while Seth was busy unpacking inside his new room for the next upcoming two weeks

Lunch had been a serene and humorous experience. Seth effortlessly charmed Isabella together with her husband, Marcelo Bravucci. The couple had no choice but to like the boy's savvy personality.

"If you need anything else, just let me know." Leonardo wanted Seth's stay in Milan to be an enjoyable and memorable adventure. "And I mean anything at all." 

"I think I'm good for now," Seth gifted him a brief smile. "Thank you."

Leonardo kept his gaze on Seth. He was feigning blithe and that was extremely dangerous. Typical survival skill for a curbed up person. The Italian closed the door behind him before ambling inside the room, precisely in Seth's direction.

Leonardo now had his arms wrapped around Seth from behind making him breathe deeply into his scent. The young resident exhaled slowly, his body instantly relaxing to the unexpected contact.

"You know I care for you, right?" Leonardo maintained a gentle tone. Seth decided not to say anything hence the older man continued. "It hurts me seeing you like this. I can tell something is weighing you down. Is it something to do with your mother?"

Why can't he let it go!

"I will have absolutely no one if she—" Seth swallowed a distending lump in his throat. "I know I should stay positive and all but, it's hard."

At the first sniffle, Leonardo knew Seth was about to cry. "Let it out, I'm here."

A solemn tear rolled down Seth's left cheek, his body was calm compared to his tangled and conflicted brain.

"I'm sorry, I just need some bit of space. If you don't mind." Seth managed to say without stumbling on his words.

"I understand," Leonardo murmured, kissing his temple. "Promise me you'll talk to me."

"I promise," Seth tried forcing a smile on his face which he dismally failed. "And stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"