Legally Yours Series

❝Oscar is devastated when his boyfriend Andrew, is killed in action during a counterattack while they were serving in Iraq

Oscar is devastated when his boyfriend Andrew, is killed in action during a counterattack while they were serving in Iraq. When he takes a six months leave from his life as an active duty SEAL, Oscar hopes to do one thing: getting a grip on his crumbling life.

However, being infatuated with an ex convict was at the bottom of his to-do-list. Hell, not even to mention falling for him.

Life gets ridiculously confusing when "nothing serious" turns into something much more complicated.

Prologue

It was one chilly Sunday morning in Iraq when Oscar Fernandez heard a loud deafening sound of echoing bombs. Struggling to his feet, he swallowed a vile taste which was filling his mouth and later on coughing relentlessly as he tried to force oxygen inside his closing up lungs. Clutching his riffle tightly by his side, he crouched low onto the ground for maximum cover then he started crawling slowly to the frontline. Savoring his possible last hour—if not less of his life.

All around was nothing but a whirlwind of chaos, violence and a blur of color and vicious motion. Stretchers with SEALs who had suffered the ravages of war passed by Oscar's visuals. Broken limbs, dead bodies and some hardly distinguishable. It was all bloody, messy.

The thought of joining his brothers who had gone KIA (Killed in Action) sent a cold chill down Oscar's spine. It was mind-blowingly terrifying. The United States base was under attack and the capacity of self-sacrifice among soldiers was highly evident. They called it core experience of combat. The willingness to die for another was a form of love, an essential part of the war experience. It was brotherhood.

No one saw the grenades and machine guns coming. It was a surprise counterattack. Luckily for Oscar, he fell behind his men on a slippery terrain, so while his brothers were shredded into pieces, he only took a bullet on his right shoulder.

"Andrew?!" Oscar screamed in painful terror. "NO! NO! NO!"

The soldier who had just blown a grenade grinned on the surviving SEALs triumphantly. The thought of his boyfriend being killed by this man repulsed every cell in Oscar's body which made him summon every strength left in him to raise his riffle which had only one bullet remaining and aiming directly for his head.

Then darkness engulfed Oscar, he let himself collapse knowing he'd revenged the death of his lover.

But it was never enough.

Andrew was gone.