04

Sana opens the door of her dorm with her key, she wonders how she got it within a day. She thought that she would have to wait for atleast a week.

The first thing she hears when she enters the dorm is the sound of the T.V playing and Taehyung laughing loudly at whatever is being played on the TV as he munches on chips. He is cladded in an oversized black shirt with grey sweatpants. He looks much less like an Alpha when he's like this. Smiling happily and without that annoying crease between his brows.

It also makes Sana wonder why she hates the man so much. But then she remembers that this is the same man who has the toxic masculinity drilled into him. Taeyung, albeit is the best friend to his loved ones, he can be and is a jerk to every other person. He loves to pick on the weak and is one of those people who still think that Omegas are weak and should stay in the protection of their house, within four walls, completely deprived of their right of education and freedom. It makes Sana sick to the stomach.

When she first got here, the news of the arrival of an omega spread like wildfire. Why? In SNU, most omegas have been driven out by Taehyung and his little gang of Alphas. Naturally, Taehyung bullied her as well but Sana being the strong willed omega she is refused to back down without a fight.

Eventually, Taehyung got tired and moved onto other omegas leaving her alone. Although he hadn't bullied her for an year, Sana still doesn't want to do anything with him.

The brunette was still standing in the doorway when Taehyung spoke, successfully bringing her out of her trance, "Are you gonna stand there all day?" He asks, a tint of amusement in his voice.

Sana rolls her eyes as she steps in the living room, it has become a habit of her ever since she met Taehyung. Well what else can she do? The Alpha just annoys her so much.

"What? Gonna ignore me now?" Taehyung asks again, the slight amusement in his voice gone. Sana knows if she ignores him again, he is gonna snap.

So instead of ignoring, she replies to him, tone challenging, "And what about it?" She asks, twirling around and crosses her arms on her chest.

Taehyung looks at her from where he is sitting on the couch, a slight frown now evident on his face, "You didn't came back last night," He says.

Sana raises her brows in question and then nods slightly as she moves towards her room. Seeing that, Taehyung asks quickly, "Why is that?"

Sana turns around again, fixing Taehyung with a sharp look, "What's wrong with you?" She asks, "Why are you interrogating me as if you're my Dad?"

"I'm saying this for the last time, Kim. Mind your own business." She says as she goes in her room and slams the door shut. 

•°•°•

"Okay everyone listen carefully," Sana's professor, Mrs. Lee says, "As you all know the University is holding a fashion show in 3 weeks."

"So as fashion majors, all of you would have to design a dress and present it in the show. You will be graded for this and these grades will be added in your final grades." Sana listened carefully to what the professor is saying. She has always been one of the best students in her class.

So, I would want all of you to do your best as this show is important for your grades. That's all, you can go now." Mrs. Lee says as the bell rings and students rush out of the class, some eager to see their friends and some just hungry.

Sana walks out of the class with Nayeon, the two friends are both majoring in fashion.

"So, do you have any ideas about the show?" Nayeon asks Sana as they walk towards the basketball stadium. There is a match today in which, Nayeon and Momo's mates are playing so the two have also dragged Sana there as well.

"None right now. Do you?" Sana spots Momo sitting in the middle row with the other girls all waving enthusiastically at Sana and Nayeon.

Nayeon waves back, "Nope," She says, popping the 'p'.

"Has it started yet?" Sana asks as she sits on one of the chairs.

"Just started," Dahyun says, "You two barely made it on time."

"Not our fault. We stopped to buy snacks," Sana raises a bag filled with different kinds of chips.

"What? Snacks?" Momo yells as she snatches away a packet. Jeongyeon passes her a judgemental look.

"Where's Tzuyu?" Sana asks no one in particular.

"Library," Jihyo answers making Sana shake her head. "That girl really need to get her head out of her books,"

"It's starting!!" Nayeon squeals beside Sana making her cringe. She knows that she is just excited because her mate is playing but Sana really can't relate. She watches the players of the other team come out first.

The players of SNU come later with Taehyung arriving last, waving and winking to a few girls. Sana rolls her eyes.

The game starts and it seems like something has possessed Taehyung. It's always like this. He displays a nonchalant attitude before the game but when it starts he is the most serious player.

The game is over before she knows it and of course, Taehyung's team won. The girls sit there for a moment until Seokjin and Hoseok are free because of Nayeon and Momo.

When Seokjin comes out, Nayeon runs down to give him a kiss on the cheek and she sees the two leave the stadium together. She can't help but feel envious. She also wants to have a mate. She also wants to experience the feeling of being loved unconditionally and irrevocably. She thinks it's beautiful that all the expectations you have of a perfect partner are fulfilled in the form of a mate.

But sometimes they aren't.

Because some mates are as loving and caring as Nayeon or as cold hearted as her father to leave his wife, his mate and his daughter for another woman who is not his mate. It makes Sana conflicted. She doesn't know if she should believe in mate bond or not.