18

Sana was watching the T.V. back in her dorm when the door opened and in stepped Taehyung, his hair wet and backpack slung over his right shoulder.

She immediately felt anger bubbling inside her when she remembered how rudely he treated Mark and her this afternoon. But still, she thought, maybe he had a bad day? I should ask him first.

"Hey," She greets.

Taehyung nods but doesn't say anything.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths, Sana. She reminds herself. The Alpha has been impassive the entire day and Sana swears if he doesn't reply properly this time, she will snap.

"How did your day go?" She asks. 

"Peachy."

Sana sighs. She wonders if she should bring up his behavior with Mark, the Alpha already seems in a bad mood. But he did promise her that he would be better didn't he? So she does.

"You know, you weren't the nicest with Mark and me today." She starts in the nicest voice possible.

"Who?" Taehyung asks, gulping down water. Some of it slips down his neck and Sana has to will herself to not focus on the water flowing down his bobbing Adam Apple.

"The one I brought to the basketball court today."

"Ah the beta?" Taehyung asks, tone filled with mockery.

Sana frowns. She doesn't get a good feeling by the way Taehyung uttered his name.

"What about him?"

"What do you mean by what about him? I just told you that you didn't behave nicely to him." She says annoyed at Taehyung.

"Do I have to smile and mingle with everyone to be nice?"

"My behavior with him was perfectly fine." He says, placing the glass in the table.

"No, it wasn't," Sana disagrees. "You didn't even shake his hand."

Taehyung sends her a deadpan look, "And since when is that a problem?"

"How is it not? That's basic manners, Tae." She says.

"Are you saying I don't have any manners?"

"When did I say that?"

"Then, who do you care so much about him?" Taehyung yells, "Didn't you only met him today? Huh?"

Sana is too surprised to answer. Why is he suddenly yelling?

Sana looks at him in disbelief, "Why the hell are you shouting?" She yells back.

"You tell me," Taehyung says, "Why do you care so much about that Beta?" He utters the word 'Beta' with so much contempt, it makes Sana remember the time when he used the same tone for her but instead called her 'Omega'.

She feels like they are heading back to square one. Heading back to hating each other, fighting continuously and calling each other names.

"Seriously?" She raises her eyebrows at Taehyung in question.

"What?" The Alpha snaps back.

"You seriously can't be back to your past self."

"Why do you say so?"

"You call him a Beta." She points out, "You're acting like he is inferior to you just because he is a Beta."

"Is he not?" Taehyung retaliates.

"If you can't remember you promised me that you would not judge people on the basis of their ranks!"

"That's inevitable."