15

Jungkook followed Tzuyu to the garden to talk. He couldn't help but feel guilty and embarrassed by his actions. He truly did appreciate and like Tzuyu as his mate and he had even approached her friend for her but it wasn't his fault that luck wasn't on his side and Tzuyu had to meet him at the worst time.

Nonetheless, he walked after Tzuyu, not uttering a single word. He didn't want to anger her when he was sure that he didn't make the best impression.

They stopped walking when they reached the garden and Jungkook watched Tzuyu lean against the wall, crossing her arms before her chest, acquiring a defensive stance.

"So?" She tuts at him, not even an ounce of hurt was present in her face making Jungkook surprised. "Mind explaining what happened?"

Jungkook clears his throat before speaking, "Nothing happened." He says but corrects himself immediately when he sees the look on Tzuyu's face, "Look, I know you maybe thinking that I was cheating on you but I wasn't." He doesn't even know if that should be considered cheating? Like, they weren't mated at that time so, Jungkook, infact, didn't cheat on her. He was a single Alpha. Even if he had sex with her, it wouldn't be considered cheating but they live in a rather conservative society so even if his beliefs don't match with what he is saying, he still goes on because that's the only thing he can do if he doesn't want to stay single all his life and deal with the pain of rejection.

"I actually found out that you were my mate long before. I approached Sana noona to know more about you. Whatever happened now was a mistake. I'm loyal to you and I do like you." Jungkook says in one breath. His cheeks and ears heat up immediately, realizing that he has indirectly confessed.

He looks at Tzuyu who is still looking at him with a blank expression, not effected by his confession in the slightest. An ugly feeling crawls upto his chest and Jungkook has to will himself to not showcase his feelings on his face.

"What proof do you have?" The Beta asks, "I mean, you could be lying for all I know." She shrugs and Jungkook gapes at her. This woman is now getting on his nerves. Why is she behaving like this just because he kissed a woman, huh? It's not like they were even mated and he still kissed another woman!

Jungkook feels like all the previous affection and infatuation he felt for the Beta are slowly vanishing. "Then, don't believe me." He says and looks away.

"If she won't listen to me, I also won't listen to her," Jungkook huffs to his wolf.

But his wolf is howling at him to mark his mate right now. He had been pushing the matter away for quite some time and Jungkook is after all, an Alpha. His carnal need to mark and claim is at an all time high due to the close proximity with his mate. "Look," He takes a deep breath before speaking. If she doesn't listen this time, Jungkook swears that he will mate her forcefully. "How can I prove myself?" He asks.

Tzuyu shrugs and gives him a blank expression, "That's your problem, not mine." She replies and that's it.

She is acting way too bratty for her own good, Jungkook thinks as he marches towards her and grabs her waist, pulling her flush against him.

"W-what are you doing?" Tzuyu squeaks as she places one hand on his chest, trying to push him away.

"Something I should have done long ago." Jungkook says as he dips his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling her scent. A low growl leaves his lips, his eyes turning red and canines come out, "Mate." He snarls before sinking his teeth in her neck, permanently bonding them for life.

•°•°•

"Too sweet," Sana mutters in distaste as she gives the strawberry shake in her hand a bad look.

"Whaaat?" Nayeon drags, obviously exaggerating, "It's perfectly fine." She pushes her drink, the same one, towards Sana for her to taste it but the omega pulls a face making her retract her hand.

The two are currently in a cafe near the college waiting for Momo. "You guys won't believe what I just heard," the Beta gushes, smiling widely even though she looks like she has run a mile.

Sana raises an eyebrow, "What is it?" She asks.

Momo inhales deeply to balance her breathing, "Apparently, Tzuyu is mated!" She beams.

Sana chokes, spitting the strawberry shake everywhere. Nayeon glares at her, "What the hell, Sana?" She mutters as she pulls some tissues and throws them on the table.

"Sorry." Sana mumbles after she regains her composure. She was too shocked, okay? You can't expect her to believe that her hitler friend was mated a few moments later after she went away with her mate while looking ready to commit murder.

"So who is the guy? And how did it even happen?" Nayeon starts to interrogate.

"It's Jungkook and it happened back at the party."

"Jungkook? The new transfer kid from Busan?" Nayeon questions, surprised, "Not gonna lie, I never expected him to be mates with Tzuyu." She says.

"Same," Momo says. "I don't even know when it happened. Dahyun said it happened at the night of the party. Did it even?"

"It has to," Nayeon nods, "I mean, there has to be a reason why he was gone for almost half the night?" She says and Momo nods while Sana is just sitting there thinking that did the Alpha force her? Because if so, Sana is gonna kill him. Mating is a serious matter. You shouldn't force anyone to mate.

Nayeon nudges her, "Why are you so quiet?" She asks.

"I'm not." Sana retorts, rubbing her stomach.

"Anyways, Sana, what's up with you and Taehyung?" Momo asks.

"What do you mean?" The omega questions back.

"I mean, you two are getting along really well despite being at each other's throats all the time before."

Sana shrugs, "There is nothing much to it." She says, honestly. She remembers that she still hasn't told Momo that Taehyung likes someone, an omega to be exact, so she decides that this is the best time to do. "The thing is," She starts, "He likes an omega--"

"What?! Taehyung likes an omega?!" Momo shouts in disbelief. "How did that happen?"

"Exactly my question." Nayeon mutters. "I mean, the guy has hated omegas for god knows how long. What's up with the sudden character development?"

"And you know how these things work, he wants to be better for her and shit like that." Sana continues. "He apologized to me and I'm not the one to hold grudges so yeah, we are okay now."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Momo and Nayeon mind-link each other at the same time and then share a knowing look. The two look over at Sana who is sitting there, silently sipping her drink as she scrolls on her phone, oblivious to everything. So, so oblivious.