Legolas Request

This is for Kaitlyn_B

Being forced to stay of the guard for an entire week was horrible. Kaitlyn spent the time looking after her younger sister had had fallen sick with the flu, sure, but she just wanted to do something: work.

A few weeks prior to her sister's illness, Kaitlyn also had the flu. The healer was constantly insisting that she spent time off.

But Kaitlyn didn't want to.

She was weak for nine days and she felt like a dead man walking. Luckily, it passed and she hadn't suffered any feverish symptoms since.

Until the battle at Mordor.

The symptoms weren't ... natural per say. That much was evident when the female elf fell to the battlefield floor, an arrow embedding itself into her shoulder. Almost immediately making her feel weak,

Whispers, spoken in the black speech of Sauron, filled her heard and warped her sensed. Kaitlyn tried to forget the tormenting voice that echoed, but she couldn't think.

She could feel the heat leave her skin, a cold lonely feeling flowing in her bloodstream.

It was then that she began to fade, the whispers overwhelming her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kaitlyn!" Legolas called out.

Ever since the fall of the Eye of Sauron and the collapse of the plains, he had been searching. Continuously searching, calling out her name. The field of Mordor wasn't where he wanted to lose anyone. In fact, he didn't want to lose anyone, but Mordor and it's desolate plains was the one place he would never want someone to leave. One way or another. So far, he hadn't lost anyone; and he wasn't going to. Not while he still lived.

"Kaitlyn!? Mellonamin!?"

His state was becoming worse as he began to panic. He began to wonder. Did she fall when the plains collapsed? That thought lingured like the heat of an onion. And it made him feel sick. Really sick.

The thought that Kaitlyn could be gone from him, forever lost; forever out of reach, made a pang of pain hit his chest.

That was when he saw her. Kaitlyn. She was led on her front on the desolate, obsedian coloured floor.

"Kaitlyn!" He said her name in worry as he galloped over to her, collapsing to his knees beside the she-elf. There was no reply.

Legolas rolled her into his arms, cradling her. He didn't care that her temperature was over 38 degrees. He wasn't scared for himself. But for her.

Kaitlyn's bright smile was gone, her lips pale. Her blonde hair had grown fairer and her emerald green eyes were clouding over. Her breathing was laboured.

Legolas noticed the arrow in her shoulder and pulled it out. With a sniff of the arrow head, his eyes widened as he chucked it down one of the cracks that had appeared on the plains' surface. A morgul blade. Kaitlyn was fallibg into the shadow.

With no Athelas, there was no chance she would survive for the deadly poison had already taken away most of her life force. All the Prince of Mirkwood could do  was hold hef close to his body, tears streaming down his face as they flooded his blue eyes, and watch her die.

"Amin mela lle, Kaitlyn." He whispered, "Always."

I hope you enjoyed. I apologize for how long it took to update. Mahal! Revising all od American West (1780's to the fall of the Indians) certainly gets in the way.

As always, 'Amin mela lle' means 'I love you.'i