Frodo Request

This was requested by @ClaireKinder. Hope you enjoy.

The dreaded day that Claire had been waiting for had finally arrived.

For weeks she had been counting down the days that Frodo and his uncle, the infamous Bilbo Baggins, would leave for the Grey Havens. The hobbit knew that, one day, it would happen. But she had no idea it would happen so soon. But everything was unexpected.

She gazed down at the floor, her

"Claire, please look at me." Frodo pleaded softly, a hand on her shoulder. "Please?"

Claire made no move to look at him, not sure how to even react anymore.

Frodo, however, wasn't going to allow her to just look away from him, of that she was sure of. He placed a finger under her chin, gently pushing her head so she looked into his blue orbs.

A sweet smile was on his lips, just like the day she first met him.

It was a warm day, although Claire had returned to her home in the Shire with mud covering her feet. Her dress was stained with muddy water and dust and splotches of mud splattered her face. Although she was grinning in achievement that she had walked all the way to Bree, in doubtedly as a thunderstorm occurred, in less than a few hours, the looks she received from other hobbits were priceless. Particularly the look her brother showed her.

"Claire!" He skipped over to her, hugging her briefly.

"Pippin!" She had greeted in just as much enthusiasm as her brother, "I just went to Bree! And I beat my last time!"

Pippin smiled, "That's good, but I have so done I want you to meet."
Before Claire could even reply, her brother had taken her hand and had began to drag her all over the Shire. Never before had she known Pippin to run so fast in all her life. Which, taking a hobbit's lifespane, wasn't at all that long a time in comparison to the Bree folk. At least the human population of the rundown town.

By the time Pippin had found the fellow he wanted her to meet, her dark brown hair and a small number of leaves and twigs in her hair, and the mud, that previously covered the biggest part of each foot, was gone. Much to her disappointment.

The grass was a luscious green and soft to walk on, daises flowing in random groups everywhere. And, once more, the smell of trees filled her nose.

Pippin cleared his throat and another hobbit, who Clair did not realize was in the area at the time, looked up from a book he was reading and smiled. As he stood, however, she soon realized that it was not at Pippin that he was smiling at.

"Claire, this is Frodo Baggins. Frodo this is Claire." Pippin introduced.

"Pleasure to meet you." Frodo and Claire had said in unison, causing them to laugh softly. And Frodo, kept on smiling.

Claire returned from her memories, her eyes glistening from the tears she was trying to hold back. She understood why he had to go, but she didn't want him too. Ever. Although she was easily cheered and very rarely upset, she didn't want to be alone. Not with the nuisance Pippin caused on a daily basis, although it would be quite enjoyable if she was involved.

Once again her eyes came into contact with his and he pulled nber into a warm hug, probably the last one to ever to occur, that lasted for far longer than it should have done. He pulled away enough to press his lips to her own gently and softly, keeping them there for as long as possible, before pulling away and hugging her again.

Claire knew it was the last time. But she was grateful for the time they had shared together. And she would never forget.