Fili

Don't Leave

"What!?" Hildelith practically yelled, stormy grey eyes wide with shock. She couldn't believe what she had been told. She wanted it to be a dream - a nightmare - that she could wake up from, she wanted it to be false. She wished it was her hearing playing tricks on her.

Hildelith was new to the neighbourhood, having only arrived a month prior, and she couldn't find her way around most of the town. She was naturally woeful with her sense of direction - she only just managed to make her way to the market nearby without getting lost - and she was terrified of being alone. Especially with a six year old brother to care for by herself. 

"Look, Hildelith. I'm sorry but -" Fili tried to speak.

The black haired female put her hands on her hips, "'But' what, Fili?" She asked, her voice raised, "Because I can't see an addition to it." She sighed and narrowed her eyes, glaring at the blonde dwarf as he tried to speak. "No.I don't want to hear it."

And a silence reigned. During that silence, shame was festering into her heart. She was angry at herself. Hildelith hated - loathed - herself for acting that way. She hated it when she did that, it wasn't herself. No where near what she would do usually. And the way she spoke without thinking truly terrified her that her nature had changed just because she was told that her only friend, Fili and Kili, were going off to Erabor - The Lonely Mountain - with their uncle, Thorin.

She had met their Uncle a few times, not often enough to acquire any thoughts on him, but it was enough to decide that the brother would be taken cared of. Hopefully.

"I was going to say that we leave in another week, but -" The Durin smiled fondly as, once again, he was interrupted but his friend.

"What!?" Hildelith's eyes widened once more, but only for a brief moment as she looked at her friend in pure suspicion, "You're messing with me aren't you?"

Fili shook his head, offended by the accusation. "Nope. Why would I do that?"

"Because you're Fili Durin. " She couldn't keep her face or eyes with suspicious content, however, as she soon tackled the dwarf in a crushing hug of overwhelming joy. "And you are the bestest friend I could ever have."

There was a clearing of a throat, "And what about me? Am I not good enough for you? Because I, personally, think that that is favouritism."

"And you are, too, Kili." Hildelith gestured Kili over to her and, before she knew it, Kili was joining them, turning it into a friendship cuddle. One of  the last.

After a long moment of pure silence and comfort in the cuddle, Fili spoke. "So, want to go out and do something?"

Hildelith nodded, "Well, we need to do something if this is going to be on of the last days."

"We should prank, Thorin." Kili stated excitedly. That earned a soft giggle from Hetalia and warming chuckles from Fili. Even Kili had to chuckle.

And that day they did the old water trick. When Thorin walked into the house, freezing water poured on to his head. That day, however, was also the day her feelings for Fili changed. And she didn't know if it was for the best or for the worst, considering the short time they had left, but she was concerned over her thoughts more than anything.

It wasn't the first time feelings has began to change. She has developed feelings over males before, but all rejected her for her height. She was a human, but she was shorter than most as she stood at an estimated height of four foot five, the same height as Fili.

 ★★★★★★★★★

Regardless, the week went on. And the further on it went, the more the feelings thickened. And the dreadful day they had been waiting for, had arrived.