Chapter 9 - Bit of Rest

It is a fine morning at Azur Lane's Base Island, after the storm that struck the island passes by. Everyone use this opportunity to do some exercise, warming themselves up, and doing their morning duties, but...

"Ughh..." Is what (Y/n) experiencing right now, with a fever hindering him from moving out of bed thanks to the last mission. "Really want to go outside..." He lamented.

"Just give it up, will you..." Taiga scoffed, making (Y/n) glare at the ceiling as if he's glaring at him.

"I know that we have four Gashats now, but still..." He argues,

"Then just rest. There's no point whining about it."

"Fiiine..." (Y/n) goes covering himself with the blanket. Just then however...

"Sir (Y/n), I'm coming in." Belfast voice is heard from outside, before she opens the door and goes inside. She then noticed her guest still laying on the bed, with him groaning in annoyance, making her thinking of something bad is happening to him. "Goodness, are you sick?" She then ask, which he nods, prompting her to place her hand on his head. "Dear, seems the storm also caught you while you're asleep."

"Something like that..." He said, not trying to tell the truth about the last night's battle.

"Fear not. Your dear maid will be nursing you until you regain full health." She then declares, much to his dread (and Taiga's amusement).

"Thanks." He thanked him, starting to feel embarrassed of the thought of Belfast nursing him personally. 'I hate you, Taiga.'

"You're welcome.

???, Sakura Empire's Base

In a secret room that only Nagato knows, she is now having a conversation with Ironblood's leader, Bismarck, through a holographic communicator. By looking at her disappointed face, she starts off by stating something.

"It appears that Snipe has taken each of our Gashats, correct?" Nagato begins, prompting the receiver to shake her head, confirming her guess.

"Ja. Seems like he truly is an immediate threat. Him knowing the Gashats, as well as using them without any side effects, we must change our approach of facing him." Bismarck said.

"Then what do you suggest?" Nagato then ask.

"Infecting our ships with the virus." Bismarck suggests. "I believe that since the virus has a capability of evolving, we might as well infect some of our ships in order to develop such feat."

"Interesting idea..." Nagato thinks of the possibilities of the fully evolved virus along with the defeat of Snipe. This springs some new ideas for the loli empress. "If I may, I also have some suggestions along with yours..."

Azur Lane Base,

"Say aaah." Belfast is currently spoon-feeding (Y/n) with a warm soup, with him once again still feeling embarrassed.  "Is it good, sir (Y/n)?" She then asked,

"M-mhm." He replied. "I'm starting to feel better, thanks."

"No need. It's just my duty, after all." Belfast then puts the now empty bowl aside, before asking, "If I may, what do you think of the island so far?"

"It's pretty... varied, for the lack of better term. Despite being the base of, I dunno, a war faction, it's pretty nice." He said, recalling all the facilities he visited with Javelin yesterday.

"Lady Hood requested the Manjuus to build these building because she knows that any of us needed some entertainment. We may be fighting, but we do need some downtime ourselves." Belfast then explains.

"I understand." Just then, the clock in his room rings, indicating the time that is now noon, prompting Belfast to stand up.

"It appears that I have other duties to attend. I'm sorry that I have to leave you so soon." She apologized, but (Y/n) quickly shaking his hands quickly.

"I-it's alright. I'll just get some sleep for now." He said.

"I see. Get well soon." Belfast then bows before leaving him. After hearing the door close, (Y/n) quickly covers his face with the blanket.

"I can't handle this..." He lamented in embarrassment.

"Cheer up, will you? You're basically living a men's dream." Taiga joked, much to his host's grumbling. It was then that he realized something that lingers in his mind for a while now.

"Taiga... what exactly am I here for?" He asked.

"Getting the Gashats, duh." Taiga stated, making (Y/n) rolls his eyes.

"And then what? I'll just magically go back home after that?" He said,

"To be honest, I don't know. We're here for a reason, but even I don't know what happens if we do get the ten Gashats." Taiga said.

"Then wouldn't it be a good idea to help Azur Lane?" (Y/n) suggests, "I mean, they saved me, and we both share a common enemy, so..."

"Let me stop you right there." Taiga interrupts with a tone of annoyance. "You think that they know how the Gashats and the Bugster Virus works?"

"No... but-"

"Remember Nico?" Taiga's words made him remembered Nico, who is pretty much Taiga's unwanted tag-along, who happens to used a Bang Bang Shooting Gashat once that ended up infecting her in the same way as other victims did. Thankfully, the Bugster that plague her is defeated, but that moment is the one thing that lead him not wanting her or anyone else to try the Gashats, until a certain Chronicle came along... 

"... I see... You don't want them to suffer the same way as Nico did the first time, right?" (Y/n) then understood his message.

"Gashats aren't toys... at least here. And unlike our respective worlds, we're in a world where anything new to them will be used as weapons. And those shipgirls, despite having ways to relieve themselves, can't handle their stress during the intense battle, save from miss uniform back there." Taiga then explains.

"And games aren't weapons either..." (Y/n) then chimes in.

"Exactly." Taiga agrees. And thus, (Y/n) heavyheartedly accepts the fact.

"Alright. I won't reveal ourselves to them... at least for now." He said.

"Good. Now get some sleep." And with that, He then goes to sleep, hoping that he'll get better after waking up.

Azur Lane Base, Office,

Inside the office, Enterprise is having a talk with Hood regarding the last mission, and for the latter, she's disappointed after hearing the former's explanation of how it transpires.

"I should've known..." Hood said,

"I already told you that I don't hold any promises." Enterprise said without facing her. Hood then stands and slams the desk in frustration, alarming the former.

"If that's the case, starting the next mission, I'll be joining everyone until we've convinced Snipe to help us." Hood said, now with both determination and a hint of frustration, which Enterprise just sighs.

"I won't stop you, but is he really that important?" She then gets no respond from her superior. "Suit yourself..." And with that, she left the office. While walking, Enterprise's mind is clouded with Snipe's way of fighting, which reminds her so much about herself, making her clenching her fist.

"Snipe... we don't need you in this war..."

(As always, I hope you guys enjoyed, and Peace Out!~)