Chapter 20 - Return to Midway, Prelude

After breakfast, things are going pretty much the same as any other day would. For today, (Y/n) took the opportunity to help Vestal on some medical duties, having a bit of a nervous conversation with Illustrious, and then having fun at the arcade with Javelin and San Diego. It's a normal peaceful day as everyone is concerned.

'It's kind of nice to actually having fun for once.' He thought to Taiga.

"And before you know it, bang! Enemy attack." Taiga replied.

'Please don't jinx it...' (Y/n) then sweatdropped. Right now, he's heading back to the dormitory to get some drink after playing dance games with the shipgirls. Upon arrival, he orders some orange juice before sitting at the same seat as the one he had during breakfast. He then looked outside, watching the serene waves crashing the sands of the beach.

'I wish moments like this last much longer...'

"It's not that easy with our enemy having the Gashats though." Taiga replied. (Y/n) can only sight at the fact. Looking at his half finished drink, he then gotten reminded of his sister, who he can only guess that she's still trying her hardest to find him.

'Please wait a little bit longer, sis...' He then thought before finishing his drink. Feeling refreshed, he went out to find something else to do, until a familiar alarm blared throughout the island.

"Attention all shipgirls! We've received a report that a large Sakura Empire fleet is approaching the Midway checkpoint! I repeat-"

"Right on the mark." Taiga said smugly, much to (Y/n)'s annoyance. "Shall we?"

'Guess we don't have other choice. If it's going to be that big of a fleet, then Bugsters are involved too.' (Y/n) then said, and then runs to his room to get the Driver. Unbeknownst to him however, is that Belfast is with them the whole time, hiding somewhere nearby.

'How peculiar...' She thought of (Y/n)'s sudden change of action. 'It could be possible that he's simply seeking shelter. But, the possibility of that other voice...' Belfast then blinked as she then begin following him.

'I'm afraid that I have to confirm my suspicion, sir (Y/n).'

~~ With Hood ~~

Hood is currently preparing herself for the sortie. After learning about Sakura Empire's newest sighting, she couldn't sit idly by and have to participate in the effort to protect Azur Lane's most important checkpoint.

'What exactly are you planning...' She wondered while fearing for the worst. When she arrived at the dock, she saw Enterprise, Hornet, and Yorktown arguing.

"Slow down there, sis! Ya can't just rush over there and give that Empire a beatin'!" Hornet yelled while holding off an angry Enterprise.

"Please, Enterprise. You shouldn't force yourself." Yorktown then added.

"And what then?! You two should know how it happened!" Enterprise snapped at them, visibly furious at the entire thing. "I can't let them win this time... not after everything we've done to protect it."

The two sisters knew very well what Enterprise meant, especially to Yorktown. They couldn't handle to see her sister facing the same burden again.

"Enterprise..." Yorktown went to Enterprise and hold her sister's cheek. "We will win this battle again. Please don't be blinded by the past." She then pulled her into a hug. "Because I'm here now."

Thankfully, it calmed Enterprise down, making Hornet sigh in relief. "Don'cha worry, sis. We'll kick that Empire's stern again, you can bet on it."

After witnessing a heartful moment for the Yorktown sisters, Hood approaches them, making the three notice.