Chapter 16 - Next Step

Azur Lane Base, Cafeteria,

The next day arrives, and with the information that he gotten from Kuroto yesterday, (Y/n) is thinking of an idea of how to reach the coordinates that Kuroto sent.

Flashback!

"So it's somewhere around here..." Taiga pointed out after the Juju Burger now showing the map through its RG Circuit Board.

"But it's kinda hard to make out where it is exactly. I guess we should ask Hood about this..." (Y/n) said.

"I suppose that's one way..." Taiga remarked. He's reluctant of the idea of asking Hood once again, but after basically gaining her trust, he then agreed with the idea. "Now our next problem would be how to get there..."

"Maybe she can send someone to help us get there?" (Y/n) wondered, but Taiga scoffed of the idea.

"Really? An escort to the enemy territory?" Taiga raised his eyebrows.

"It's an idea, at least." (Y/n) shrugged, before they got interrupted by Belfast knocking the door, with her carrying dinner as usual.

Back to the Present,

Once again, he's still thinking of the idea how. But even with the initial suggestion of asking Hood, it wouldn't be easy for her to just accept his plan. Thus, he sighs because of not getting new ideas.

"Good morning, (Y/n)." He then perked up to see Javelin sitting across his seat with her tray of food.

"Oh, m-morning Javelin." He greeted back, before taking a sip off his tea.

"Is something troubling you?" She asked, seeing his downed mood.

"It's kind of complicated..." He said, not wanting her to know about his plan.

"I see." Javelin nods while biting on her egg. "Speaking of which, how are you yesterday, since... y'know..." She then said, knowing the events with Burgermon yesterday, thanks to Hood giving a brief announcement last night. (Y/n) stopped drinking his tea before staring at it, with memories of yesterday coming back to him.

"To be honest, it was horrible. But I have to move on for Burgermon's sake." He replied. He then have his hand getting held by Javelin, who looks at him in empathy, making him surprised.

"I'm sorry to hear that..." Javelin said. With a hard nod, (Y/n) stopped himself from crying, collecting his composure so he can look towards the present.

"But now, our goal is more clearer than ever. We have to get the Gashats from the Axis before the Sirens use it to annihilate humanity." (Y/n) then said in determination, remembering Kuroto's words. Javelin is surprised to hear the Siren's plan, but then nods in agreement.

"Then I, and the rest of Azur Lane, shall help you in anyway I can." She said. With the two now in high spirits, they continued their breakfast while they also talked about some of the lighter things that happened yesterday.

Timeskip,

Now with spirits lifted, (Y/n) and Taiga finally agreed on telling Hood about their plan. Now as Snipe, he walks his way to the main office, getting gawking looks from anyone who passes him by.

'Eh, they don't know who we really are anyway.' He thought. Now arriving there, he knocks the door, and with the "Come in!", he opens the door and enters casually, much to the surprise of the shipgirl herself.

"S-S- Ehm! Sir Snipe. I'm surprise to see you here." Hood said, keeping her promise to not shout for his appearance. But even so, her surprise look is still visible for Snipe to see.

"Eh, at least you kept your promise." He said, before taking a seat with one leg raised on another. "Anyway, I... need your help."

Hood once again tries to contain her surprise. Snipe asking her help? It's absurd. But the fact that he comes in like a normal person would, sees that he might be serious about the ordeal.

"What kind of help do you need, Sir Snipe?" She then asked. Snipe then lowers his legs and looks at her straight in the eyes.

"... I have an infiltration mission coming up, but I need your help of telling me where it is."

Now is the third time she's containing her surprise. An infiltration mission? To a Crimson Axis base? It's now beyond absurd!

"Snipe." Hood suddenly dropped her formalities. "I know you've helped us many times now, but asking our help for your infiltration mission... may I ask your reason?"

Snipe then sighs, knowing that it was a bad idea after all. But he keep on going, seeing that there's no reason to turn back.

"Simply put, the Sirens kept something important for me. Or rather... someone. That someone is the key to the whole Gashat and Bugster ordeal that we're dealing with now."

Snipe's explanation then gave Hood an idea. If his mission succeeds, then Azur Lane will have an advantage against the Crimson Axis when it comes to the Bugsters. Thus she clapped her hand and sits on her desk.

"Then please tell me the details. Azur Lane will assist you with your mission." She said, who despite her calm look, is a bit giddy of the idea. Snipe meanwhile smirked underneath the mask.

'Whatdya know... it was worth the trouble.' He thought, and then displays the coordinates through Juju Burger Gashat. When seeing the Gashat, Hood briefly struck with grief, remembering Burgermon, before regaining her composure and looks at the map.

"This is..." Hood remarked, and then pulls out the map of her own, before matching the two together. "Of course, it's near the Sakura Empire's main base. More precisely, in a cave underneath it."

Now knowing the location, Snipe puts away the Gashats and looks at the map closely to know more about the location.

"As for your mission, I will prepare someone to help you with the infiltration. You can trust her." Hood then said.

"Ehh... I only need the exact location." Snipe argued, but Hood insisted.

"Please, at least let us help more in return." She said. Even though he tries to deny it, Hood keeps on insisting, thus he gave up and let her.

"She better not drag me down." Snipe warned her.

"I assure you that she's best at infiltration missions." Hood reassured. Now with the deal is sealed, Snipe suggests that the mission starts later tonight, with Hood agreeing with the idea. Snipe then leaves the office to reassess his mission.

'I can't believe that I have to babysit someone...' He thought, still not accepting with the idea of someone helping him. Just as he leaves, Enterprise is behind him, surprised of seeing him walking out. And by coincidence, Hood then sees her and calls her.

"Oh, Enterprise! What luck, I was going to call you." She said, making Enterprise confused.

"Err, what do you need, Hood?" Enterprise asked.

"I'll tell you inside. Please come in." Hood invites her, which Enterprise then enters the office. She then noticed Hood's giddiness, and remembering Snipe, she suspects something happened between him and her.

'... Are they... no, it can't be! ... could it?'

Sakura Empire Base,

A shipgirl are currently watching over the entrance that leads to the 'prison'. Feeling bored, she looks inside for a bit before going back to her post.

"Every night is always the same..." She said to herself. "When will I get to a combat mission for once..."

Little did she know however, she then gets stabbed from behind by a Siren, who injects the Bugster Virus through the Bugvisor, infecting her with the data of a Gashat.

"Kuh-!" She reacted, before she falls down and writhing in pain, as the virus sets in.

"You think that you're that clever, oh Game Master, sneaking an S.O.S. behind our back~" The Siren behind her said. "We'll see what happens if your precious savior will fight an improved Level 50 Bugster soon~"

(As always, I hope you guys enjoyed, and Peace Out!~)