Chapter 10 - Well Enough for a Upcoming Project

After a nice long sleep, the next day comes around, and (Y/n) is well enough to stand up, taking this opportunity to stretch himself.

"It feels so good to move again." He said, stretching his arms.

"Look at you, being happy of not getting pampered by Miss Maid over there." Taiga chuckled, making him blush and stomps at the floor flustered.

"Get over it already!" He yelled, but in an untimely fashion, Belfast opens the door and peeks him.

"Sir (Y/n), is everything alright?" She asked him, and he quickly stops his tantrum and shakes his hands in denial.

"Y-yeah! I was just getting over my sickness, that's right!" He said, continuing to stomp the floor as if he's stomping at the fever. Belfast looks at him in concern, but smiled at him.

"I understand. I'll let Lady Hood know that you've recovered from your fever." And Belfast bows before leaving him.

"Dodged the bullet..." (Y/n) muttered, but Taiga inside just laughs of his weird explanation.

Azur Lane Base, Office,

Hood has just finished her next pile of paperwork, and is now taking a sip of her tea. Just then, someone entered her office, and it's the two Destroyers that she asked for finding Snipe's whereabouts.

"Sorry, ma'am. We can't find him anywhere." The orange haired shipgirl, Foxhound, reported. The other Destroyer, Beagle, also shared the same report, making Hood sigh.

"It's alright. We will find him in the next battle." She then dismissed the two. As they walked out, Belfast enters the office, which she gives way for the two to leave. "Oh, Belfast. How's Mr. (L/n) doing now? I hope that he made a swift recovery." Hood then asks.

"Your hope is heard, milady. Sir (Y/n) has just recovered. Would you like to call him?" Belfast said, but Hood waves in dismissal of the idea of calling him.

"That won't be necessary." She said.

"I understand. I'll be on my way then." Belfast then bows and leaves the room as well. Hood takes a look at her next pile and wonders of something that she's trying to find a way at, but to no avail yet.

"Is there really a way to send him back?"

Somewhere around the Island,

Enterprise meanwhile is currently practicing her archery alone at the forest. During her practice, she's still thinking of Snipe and has not stopped since. However, there's one thing that she realized, and thus she end her practice early to do something.

'That boy... I never properly introduced myself, am I?' She thought as she walks back to the Dormitory.

Back to (Y/n),

Right now, (Y/n) is strolling along the dormitory hallway, using this chance to warm himself up and exercise. On his way, he greeted some of the shipgirls and had some small talks to them. They mostly asked of how he's feeling, but he often answered that he's fine. When he reached the foyer and attempted to open the main door, he got pushed back by said door as Enterprise enters the Dormitory, which she subsequently noticed.

"Ah, are you alright?" She asked in concern. Thankfully, (Y/n) doesn't get any injuries, as he instead gotten tumbled down to the floor.

"I-I'm alright." He assured while getting up, before seeing the person that he didn't expect to see, making him tense. "M-miss Enterprise!"

"At ease." She said to calm the boy down, which he did. Enterprise took a good look on him before sighing. "No... he can't be him." She mumbled, making (Y/n) puzzled by her remark.