Chapter 21 - Return to Midway, Battle

~~ Midway ~~

Midway, formerly a place of a great naval battle, currently one of Azur Lane's checkpoint. However, that status will soon revert back to the former, as a large fleet of Sakura Empire ships are approaching the area. Luckily, the Azur Lane fleet are not far away, meaning that they're just in time before the enemy fleet begin launching their attack.

"My, my... The enemy's here as well." Akagi mused. She then spotted her arch-nemesis among the fleet, clicking her tongue in amusement. "And Grey Ghost too, how wonderful."

"Akagi..." Enterprise vehemently muttered.

"What is your goal, Sakura Empire?!" Hood then shouted as the spoke-shipgirl for Azur Lane. "Clearly this isn't just a second attempt to destroy Midway again!"

"While that is our goal, we have something just as important as our previous goal." Kaga then replied, being the same role as Hood for the Empire. She turned towards a small group of shipgirl, who are carrying a large box, similar to that of the ones Ironblood brought earlier. "Unleash Project Tsuyochi!"

The group then opens it, revealing the new and improved Proto Rider, ready to fight. Hood got a horrible reminder of the previous sighting with the Rider, but she quickly gets over it.

"Well, no point of waiting any longer. Don't you think so, sister?~" Akagi then asked Kaga, which the latter sigh over the former's impatience.

"Attack!" And with the battle cry from Kaga, a volley of shells and torpedoes have launched towards their enemy, forcing the Azur Lane fleets to avoid them.

"Everyone, onward!" Hood then rally in response, with the fleet launching a counterattack. Both sides of the factions are fighting against each other, with Sakura Empire advancing slowly while Azur Lane keep their ground.

As for Tsuyochi, it begin rushing down to find any unsuspecting shipgirls to sink with its Breaker. Just as it finds one and attempts to stab her, a familiar grey hull blocked the attack just in time, with the almost-victim shipgirl exclaimed his name in relief.

"Snipe!" She said, making the Rider groan.

"For the last ti-" However, Snipe stopped after realizing that she's not Hood. "... Just run." The shipgirl quickly does so, and Snipe then begin attacking Tsuyochi in return.

"Looks like you got some upgrades." Snipe said, before clenching the grip of the Overblast Cannons and aims them to the enemy. "Well then, let's dance!"

~~ With Enterprise ~~

Meanwhile, Akagi and Enterprise are having a fight between their respective planes, with Akagi creates more planes than Enterprise, but the latter can simply snipe it down thanks to her bow.

"Are you still mad that your precious Yorktown got sunk back then?~" Akagi teased as she leaps away from Enterprise's planes. "It must be hard for you to realize how pathetic you are!~"

Enterprise kept quiet from Akagi's remarks, as she continues to fire more planes at Akagi.

"You haven't changed one bit. That cocky grin of yours..." She then muttered. "This time, I'll make sure that you'll never move your lips again, you vixen!"

"I'd like to see you try, Grey Ghost!" Akagi shouted as the fight between the two carriers intensifies.

~~ With Hood ~~

As Hood continues to fire her volley, she spotted Snipe fighting against Tsuyochi. She wanted to help him, but she was interrupted when Belfast and her fleet finally arrived to the battlefield.

"Belfast, you've finally arrived." Hood greeted her, but then noticed the maid's desperate face. "What's wrong, did something happen?"

"Where's Snipe?" Belfast immediately asked. Hood wanted to tell her Snipe's whereabouts, but not before knowing what's going on. "I'm afraid that I can't tell you right now, milady. All that matters now is that I have to protect him."