Chapter 12 - Two Sides of the Argument

"(Y/n)... are you... Snipe?"

(Y/n) is now frozen yet panicking in his mind as Javelin muttered those words. He tries to find any kind of excuse, but what he fear the most is that the shipgirl would report the secret to Hood, complicating the already complicated relationship between the Rider and the British Shipgirl.

"J-javelin, I-I was just..." He tried to do so, but Javelin turned around, panicking the boy, but...

She instead closed the door and locks it, before turning back to him.

"Please... tell me the truth." She looked at him dead in the eyes. (Y/n) were relieved that she didn't do the worst, but he's conflicted whether if he would tell her about Taiga as well.

"Do it." Taiga said.

'But-'

"Are you stupid? Look at her." (Y/n) looked at the shipgirl, as she begins to sit on the floor, waiting for his explanation. While still fearing for the worst, he sighs before also sitting on the floor as well.

"Alright... but please don't tell anyone about it." He pleaded, which Javelin nods. And thus, (Y/n) explained everything about him and Snipe...

Meanwhile, Azur Lane Base, Office,

Hood is seen entering the office after an extensive recap for the injured shipgirls. So far, she's relieved that the ones who got attacked by Behertz did not suffer fatal injuries, but she still fearing for the aftereffect from its attacks. As she begin to sit on her chair, Enterprise emerged from the corner with a scowled look, which was unnoticed for Hood as she believed that it's her usual look.

"Enterprise, you're here. I need you to-"

"Are you serious?" Hood stopped when the Carrier asked in a monotone voice, almost to the point of anger.

"... Enterprise?" Suddenly, Enterprise grabbed Hood by the collar and pulls her close, now enraged.

"Are you willing to die just to win a war?!" She roared, "Why? Why? Why?! You're the Acting Commander for fuck sake! What will Azur Lane do if you die?!" After a while, Enterprise lowered the Acting Commander, waiting for her response.

"... Enterprise..." Hood started, while looking away. "I'm sorry, but I need to do this." Her response however only made it worse for the Carrier.

"But what would Queen Elizabeth think? What would those who cared about you think? What would our commander thi-" As soon as she said 'Commander', Hood's eyes went wide and immediately slapped Enterprise, as tears begin forming from her eyes.

"Don't you dare bringing him to this subject!" She yelled, with Enterprise is stunned while holding her cheek. "Do you think I don't know?! He would do the same if he's still here!"

"We're losing this war, Enterprise! We cannot win unless we take the risk. The lives of this world are at stake." Hood then sits back down and sulks her head, trying to stop herself from crying. "Please understand... It's our only hope left."

Enterprise looked at the sulking Commander, before turning towards the exit and begin to leave, but not without her parting words, "You're a fool."

As the door closed, Hood can only reply with, "Then so be it." as she sobs of her missing Commander...

Azur Lane Base, Dormitory, (Y/n)'s room,

(Y/n) has just finished explaining everything, from the moment he bought the Driver until today, as well as the concept of Gashats and Bugster Virus, the existence of Taiga Hanaya and their goal of reclaiming the ten starting Gashats. During the whole time, Javelin did not speak, as she listened intently and connecting all the dots from both his explanation and the reports of the battles. She then looked down at the three Gashats on the floor: Bang Bang Shooting, Jet Combat, and most importantly, Bang Bang Simulations; before looking back at him.

"I... err, I hope this'll make you understand." (Y/n) said. Javelin clenches her fist before finally saying something.

"Have you realized how much stress you made to Hood?" She asked. "She's been trying so hard to ask for your help, but you always reject it." Understanding what she said, (Y/n) sulk his head in regret, despite not directly doing so.

"I'm sorry..." He apologized.

"Don't apologize to me." Javelin scolded, before calming herself. "But, I understand. It all make sense now, and I can see why you did it. Coming from a world where the Gashats are nothing more than toys, and his world where Gashats are games..." There was another silence from the two, before (Y/n) begin to admit.

"I actually want to talk about it to Hood, but..."

"Taiga against it..." Javelin concluded, which he nods before he faces the shipgirl.

"But, I- no, Snipe will tell anything about the Bugsters tomorrow." He revealed, surprising Javelin with the idea. "With how the last battle turned out, it's time for us to work together."

"Do you mean it?" Javelin questioned, which (Y/n) nods.

"It was his idea, this time." He said, noting Taiga's approval. Javelin felt relief that Snipe is now willing to work alongside Azur Lane, and is looking forward to help him in return.

"Alright. I'll be in your care, you two." She said, with (Y/n) (and Taiga) giving her a thumbs up (and a "Gotcha"). The two then noticed the time, and realizes that it's almost nighttime. "It's been a wild day for us. And um... " Javelin then look away, embarrassed of what she'll going to say next. "Can I sleep with you, just for tonight?"

And of course, the boy blushes redder than the apple of Ringo Lockseed.

"EEEEH?!"

"At least it end well." Taiga remarked, as the boy is still shocked of Javelin's request. 

Sakura Empire Base, Nagato's Office,

Right now, Nagato is having a conversation with Bismarck, as the latter are informing the results of the Project Behertz.

"And that's all I an say." Bismarck finished her report. Nagato is intrigued of the idea of using Siren pawns as the vessel of the Rider Shipgirl project, but the result made her interest to see how it goes in the future.

"Interesting... I assume that we just need an extracted data from the Gashat and the vessel itself." Nagato concluded.

"Ja. However, Snipe is still far more powerful than my prototype, so we need more improvisation to compensate the weaknesses that we might find." Bismarck said, noting the prototype's flaws.

"Very well. I believe it's time for us to test our own..." Nagato nods before ending the call. Looking over a file, she begins another call, this time using a normal telephone to call one of the generals.

"Atago, how's Project Tsuyochi?"

Sakura Empire Base, Laboratory,

Within the laboratory, a monitor that displays a data being extracted from a Gashat is shown, as the chassis of the newest Rider is being close to finish. This time however, its orange irises is shown despite being developed in secret.

"Don't worry, milady. Tsuyochi will be just fine~"

???, ???'s POV,

Those monsters... to think they used MY Bugvisor to reverse-engineer the entire system. Just watch. Once I'm out of this prison, you shall receive the God's Judgement!-

"Aww, Snipey is still too strong..." Ah, my torturer is he-

Snipey? Wait, Snipe?! The Unlicensed Doctor is here in this world?! That's... wonderful.

I look at one of the Gashats around me, and one of it is that illegal Gashat... but...

If I remember, their enemies are the ones called Azur Lane. And would you look at that, they didn't know that there's a slot just small enough for the Gashat's data to go through...

I have no other choice but to code a quick message and send the data now. After all, the torture begins soon, and God will not yield, no matter how many shock that you'll bring! HAHAHAHAHAAA!

(Surprise! New chapter after like four days!
As always, I hope you guys enjoyed, and Peace Out!~)