Chapter 17 - Between Onis and Demon Lords

It's now dusk at the Azur Lane Base, and (Y/n), transformed into Snipe, is now looking beyond the docks, waiting for the escort fleet to arrive.

'This is taking too long...' He thought, 'The only time I need their help, yet they took their sweet time to prepare themselves.'

"Sorry for the wait." Snipe then turned to see the aforementioned escort fleet, which consist of Enterprise, Foxhound, and a new shipgirl he haven't met before.

" Snipe then turned to see the aforementioned escort fleet, which consist of Enterprise, Foxhound, and a new shipgirl he haven't met before

"That's kind of a small fleet... but eh." Snipe commented.

"This is supposed to be an infiltration mission. Any more than that and our enemy can spot us easily." Enterprise sighed. The new shipgirl then bows in front of Snipe.

"Greetings, sir Snipe. I am Sheffield, and I will accompany you on your mission to retrieve the important item." She introduced herself.

"So you're the one that I should babysit, got it." Snipe remarked. However, Sheffield sighs at his rude remark.

"Ignore his insults, Sheffield." Enterprise said to the maid. "Anyway, are we heading out now?"

Snipe then nods before turning around towards the sea. "The sooner we get Mr. God, the better."

After Snipe jumped onto the sea, the rest then follow suit, and the fleet begin their way to the Sakura Empire's main base, where the captive Kuroto is being held.

On their way to the fleet, Enterprise is recalling about her meeting with Hood earlier...

~~ >/< ~~

"Enterprise, I need you to help escort Snipe to the Sakura Empire base." That was Hood's request to the Carrier. This also clears Enterprise's thought between Hood and Snipe.

"Are you serious?" Enterprise tries to object of the idea.

"I know it sounds unreasonable to you, but if his mission succeeds, then we will have the advantage that we longed for." Hood reasoned with Enterprise. "Please bear with me and him, Enterprise. This is something that we could not ignore the opportunity."

"... Fine. Should I bring a vanguard as well?" Enterprise said, no longer in the mood to argue with the acting Commander.

"Please do. But you can only bring one, since I also appointed Sheffield to the mission." Hood said. Enterprise then nod before leaving, and when she did, she saw Foxhound walking past by. This coincidence made the Carrier grab her by the shoulder, making the Destroyer turned around in surprise.

"You there. How about you and I go for an escort mission together?" Enterprise said, with a smile that can only be seen as threatening, which Foxhound sees as such before nodding in fear.

~~ >/< ~~

"In hindsight, I should've asked one of the other vanguards..." Enterprise mumbled. The fleet continued their way to the Sakura Islands...