Chapter 5

George sighs as he notices it was slightly drizzling, grimacing at the noise it produced while it hit the car window; he was never a fan of the rain. He started driving as the traffic increased, causing George to stop completely. He pulls out his phone, bored. He goes on twitter, and scrolls through some fanart, seeing some interesting ones.

He blushes as he keeps scrolling through them, noticing most of them are in sexual positions. He didn't care about them drawing him that way, he just wished it could be real. He wished Dream thought the same.

Do I really have feelings for Dream, not now brain, not before I see him in person; that would be so fucking awkward.

George watches as the cars keep their slow movements, you could hear the people complaining loudly in their cars. George puts some music, Heatwaves was the first song in his playlist.

Dream:
How's it going?

George:
Bad
Stuck in traffic
And it's raining

Dream:
Awh :(
If it makes you feel better I can call

Without giving Dream a chance, George quickly taps the call button. "Hey, what's up Dream?" He rubs his forehead as he looks down the road, noticing the cars haven't moved positions at all.

"Nothing much, can't wait to see you cutie," George blushed at the name, quickly trying to change the conversation.

"So I thought about it, if it's fine with you could I sleep with you?" Now it was Dream's time to get flustered as he tried to think of an answer. He didn't think George would say yes, he still didn't know if he liked George.

I don't like George, that's just what friends do, right?

"Uh- sure" Dream hopes the nervousness in his voice is undetectable, which it wasn't. George smiled brightly as cars finally started to move; and as if it never was there, the traffic was gone.

"Shit I gotta go, Dream. See ya later" Dream hums in response as George ends the call. The rain was still the only noise he could hear, as he drove slowly. He groaned loudly as the traffic started building up again. He decided not to call Dream, thinking it would pester him; which it wouldn't. Dream was the person who didn't care what people did, especially if that person was George; his best friend. Or is it more than that? Did George want more of that?

What would it feel like to kiss Dream, to hug him; let him embrace me. Is he even gay?

Thoughts swarmed around his head as the light turned green, George immediately driving. He sighed as he was behind, very behind. He was supposed to be at the airport by now; he was hoping the streets would be empty, but they weren't. He hopes the airport is empty, or else he'll be late.

He notices traffic starting to accumulate, so he starts rummaging around his car, looking for random things. A british flag, some gum, a pencil, and some colorblind glasses Dream gave him a long time ago. He smiles as he puts the glasses in the suitcase, trying to fit it in; he notices something else in the car. A bottle of lube.

When and why the fuck did I get this?

He hides the lube in one of his t-shirts; which were in the suitcase, it might be useful to have, right? He wished it was true, but Dream would never date him. Dream was straight, right? George never questioned Dream about it, but Dream was definitely not straight; he didn't know what he was.

But for George, Dream would do dirty things to him; everything he could imagine. He would do it all to the short, pale boy. He would whisper things in his ear while making him beg for it. He would do everything to that boy, including those things.

George notices the traffic disappearing again, finally able to be free from this pain and suffering. He was still very far from the airport, so at this point he was rushing; going well over the speed limit. But he didn't care, all he wanted was Dream. All he could think about is Dream, all he wanted was to be with him.

More than a vacation, live with him. He knew he shouldn't get his hopes up, but he wanted it. He needed it. It would be perfect, a way to get away from his father, forever. He drives at a constant rate, going as fast as he could; not wanting to be late. As he nears an intersection, he notices a hill at the edge of it, not paying much attention to it. The light was yellow, turning red, when George checked the watch on his wrist, 7:02. If he wanted to get there on time, he would probably have to either be Lighting McQueen or go past all the red lights. He hated breaking the law, but at this point Dream was more important.

As George shuffles around in his seat, he doesn't stop driving as the light turns red. A red and yellow truck was driving across from George, a man in overalls and some jeans inside of it. The man was clearly drunk, or maybe he just looked like that, looked distracted. The man wasn't focusing on the road, while George was focusing.

George knew that what he was doing was wrong, that what he was doing broke the law. But Dream, it was all for Dream. He accelerated in hopes of speeding through the intersection.

He couldn't focus, he wasn't trying to focus. All he wanted was a distraction, a way to get away from his problems. A way to relax, a way to finally sleep well; without the fear of dying every second.

The man in the truck glanced at the light, green. He looked at his phone, and accepted a call, keeping his foot on the gas. George was driving his own van, as the man in the truck accelerated even more, crashing into George. George felt his car move rapidly, barely being able to process what was happening.

"Oh shi-" Not even able to finish his sentence, he was swerving in the rain. He just got hit, at an intersection, on the road, where a hill was nearby. His eyes widen as he feels the car bumping around, eventually turning upside down. George hit his head on the roof of his car swiftly, passing out.

Blood covered the boy's jeans, shirt, and some of his hair. You could hear the faint noises of an ambulance from afar.

Dream:
Heyy
Are you in the airport yet?

No answer, and Dream wasn't going to get an answer. The ambulance finally arrived, picking up the boy covered in blood. They put him in the car, driving away rapidly, the nearest hospital being London Bridge Hospital; a couple miles away.

Finally arriving, the paramedics were able to slightly calm down. They drop the boy off at the hospital. The nurses take care of him for a while before doctors enter the room, frantically trying to think of something to do.

Dream was laying on his couch, awaiting an answer he wasn't going to get. He had called George a couple times now, but to no avail. He slowly got up and walked to the counter, pouring some cereal in a bowl to eat.

Dream dropped his phone off at the table, leaving it there as he went back to the couch. He sighed as Patches, his cat, walked up to him slowly. He laid back as he started eating.

George was being moved from room to room rapidly. His mind was empty, his stained clothes were removed and replaced with new ones. The doctors were able to stabilize him, the car crash could have been worse; so they were lucky George wasn't dead by now.

They were going through his files. 25, brown hair, brown eyes. The main doctor, Aidan, was going through his emergency contacts. Since George's mom had divorced his dad, he removed her from his emergency contacts. He used to have his dad in there, but he removed him when he saw how he was being a bitch boy. He knew he couldn't leave it empty, so he thought of his best friend; which at the time was nobody. George was lonely back then, but a couple months ago he decided to put his best friend there, now having one. Dream.

Word Count: 1415