i. chapter sixteen

She felt powerful as she walked down the halls, the plan of her intent forming as eyes turned to her.

The brunette walked with a false confidence through Jasper High, eyes searching for their target as she smirked internally. Both herself & Miko had thought up a plan to knock a certain redhead down a peg- or two.. or five.

Mikayla had to borrow some of her friend's clothes- and thank god she had something other than the 'goth/emo' look Miko traditionally went along with. She'd adorned a dark blue flannel, black cargo pants & traditional sneakers.

And as E would say, she felt like a queen without a crown- ruling a kingdom that didn't even know her name. But they would- just give it some time.

Thinking back to the prior conversation with the teen- who was attempting to get as many people to the scene of where she was heading as possible. The courtyard.

Many didn't know this, but Jasper highschool was surrounding a small space for their students, a huge area in the center of the school where students could enjoy their lunch outside.

It's also commonly known as to where the iconic red headed bully spent his mornings.

Her eyes narrowed, fixating on the boy, tossing an apple around in his hand as he flirted shamelessly with the more popular girls in the school. She rolled her eyes, anticipation building in the pit of her stomach.

Sauntering over towards the entryway of the sunlit area, she averted her eyes from the boy- Miko's words echoing in her head.

"Don't act interesting- he's like a lion, loves the chase."

Her eyes scanned over the increasing amount of people in the area, her eyes glittering with mischief.

It seemed that she didn't need to wait long at all for the teen to approach. He was by her side before she'd even gotten very far past the steps & onto the grass.

Vince, the notorious bully of Jasper, was less than a few centimeters away from her as her eyes trailed up from the ground- raising an eye.

He smirked down at her, the sunlight from behind his head making his face seem dark & shadowed. "Oh~ it's been a while since I've seen an angel around these parts. What made you decide to come down from heaven?"

"Heaven?" she questioned with confidence, her posture straight and her face amused. "Darling I just crawled my way out of hell."

Mikayla smirked inwardly at her own creative thinking, making a point to step around him before he stepped forwards, a curiously cocky look on his face. She held back the urge to roll her eyes- hoping that everything was working out okay on the group's end.

The redhead crossed his arms over his chest. "Really? Well I like your spunk. What's your name, princess?"

Her eyes narrowed slightly before she pulled the rubber band from off her wrist and tied her hair up. "Don't call me princess."

Vince didn't seem to take the hint as she stepped around him- following her friend's advice to the 'T'. He seemed to just keep pushing. "Come on, baby girl. We can have a little fun."

His hand grabbed the side of her waistband and the brunette whirled back on him- punching him straight in the nose. Just like 'Hide taught her to. Damn that felt good.

The girl looked up, brushing her knuckles on the side of her pants as she raised an eye at the male, cowering on the ground as he held his nose. Whether he liked it or not, there were tears streaming down his face- after all, a nose break will immediately make you cry.