Chapter 23: Training Grounds

Liren's POV

"What can you do, Liren?" Tarah asked me. We had just arrived at the training grounds which were located just near the Enthrallian avilar. The entire area was rocky with only a few trees and shrubs scattered all over the place.

"I've already developed all of my powers - both my elemental power and my minor ones," I replied. "I have an ability called duplication wherein I could easily create duplicates of myself to distract my enemies. I also have energy manipulation, gyrokinesis and of course my elemental power: geokinesis and lava manipulation."

"Lava manipulation?" Tarah said looking confused. "Isn't that supposed to be one of Hay's powers since lava is actually fire?"

"Yes, lava is fire alright," I said. "But this kind of fire comes from the earth which is my element that's why I could control it."

"Oh okay."

"What are your powers so far, Tarah?" I asked her as she stood in front of me.

"Well..." Tarah began looking quite uncomfortable. "One of my powers is cryokinesis and I've just recently developed memory manipulation. And of course I've got my elemental power - lightning."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Lightning is your elemental power? That's not right."

"What?" Tarah asked looking bewildered. "What do you mean?"

"Lightning can't be your elemental power," I told her shaking my head. "You're much more powerful than that."

"Oh really?" She said raising her own brow and placing her hands on her hips. "What is it then?"

"Its atmokinesis," I answered. "Otherwise known as weather manipulation."

"And how did you know what my real elemental power is?" Tarah asked me again sounding dubious.

"I don't know," I admitted looking slightly sheepish. "I just can." Silence hung in the air for a brief moment before I said, "Don't worry, I can help you develop your elemental power."

Tarah's face erupted with a huge smile. "That's great! Let's get started then."

~~~*~~~

The clear sky overhead was perfect for developing Tarah's new elemental power. We stood a few feet away from each other both of us purposely ignoring the others as they carried on with their own training. A few distances away, Avery and Evanity were both locked up in combat, metallic sounds filled the entire area as sword against sword clashed in the air. Nearby, Solaire and Haiden were battling with each other - Solaire using her hydrokinesis while her brother used his pyrokinesis. He threw fireballs at her direction which she easily extinguished by shooting out a jet of water from her open palm.

I met Tarah's fiery gaze, her bright sapphire eyes waiting for my instructions. "Focus on the source of your powers. Take a deep breath and command the sky to do your bidding."

Tarah nodded her head slowly and then shut her eyes in deep concentration. And all at once, the clear blue sky began to darken and thunder rolled loudly overhead.

~~~*~~~

Tarah's POV

I searched within me for the source of my powers. It took awhile but I finally found it buried deep within me - somewhere in the hidden recesses of my mind. I tapped on the source of my powers and suddenly I could feel the power surging all throughout my body and once again I felt like my entire body was on fire.

Take a deep breath and command the sky to do your bidding, I recalled Liren telling me and I took a deep breath and opened my eyes and willed the skies to create a raging blizzard.