Chapter 39: The Coronation

Evanity's POV

"Don't move, Your Highness," an Airan servant named Kiara told me as she was zipping up my dress. Then she took a step back and looked at me appraisingly. "There you go. You look so beautiful!"

I smiled at her and then stared at my reflection in the mirror in front of me. A girl that I didn't recognized stared back at me wearing a blue gown with embroidered lace sparkles and all-over crystal bead work on a deep sweetheart neckline. I gently touched the band of pearls cinching my waist then lift up the long chiffon skirt admiring the way it flowed down to the floor. My chestnut blonde hair was done in a curly braided chignon. My face was flushed with exhilaration and my emerald eyes sparkled with nervous excitement.

I smiled at my own reflection and then turned around to face Kiara. "Thank you, Kiara," I told her gratefully. "You did a great job in helping me get ready."

"Oh, it was nothing, Your Highness," she replied brushing off the compliment.

"Your Highness," a voice spoke out outside the door of my room. I looked up and saw Lyra entering the room dressed in a yellow gown with jeweled straps and long pleated bodice with a cut out back. Her dark hair was piled up into a sock bun on top of her head but a few curly wisps of her hair hang down from the side of her head. "Oh, look at you! You look so stunning!"

"Thanks, Lyra," I said smiling at her. I stepped off the small platform where I was standing facing the mirror and walked over towards her. "You look beautiful yourself."

"Not as beautiful as you, Your Highness," she replied blushing at my compliment. Clearing her throat, she went back to her usual formal self. "Let's get you to the throne room. Your coronation is about to start."

I nodded my head but before we could take another step forward Avery suddenly appeared at the door of my room. His gaze travelled from my eyes to the rest of my body and then back to my eyes again to meet my gaze.

He strode towards me and gave me a peck on the lips. "You look really gorgeous, Vann," he whispered in my ear.

"Thanks," I smiled at him. "You look handsome as well." I gave him the once-over and saw that he was wearing a dark blue tunic which showed off his muscular built and tight-fitting breeches with knee-length boots.

"Shall we?" Avery held out his arm. I nodded and wrapped my own arm around his and we walked out of the room heading to the throne room with Lyra leading the way in front of us.

"I feel so nervous, Ave," I told him anxiously as we walked further down the hallway. "What if something will go wrong?"

He halted in his steps making me stop as well. He turned his body to face me then lifted my chin and said softly, "You don't have to worry about anything, Vann. Nothing will go wrong."

I nodded my head a little reassured by what he said. Then we continued walking down through the hallway finally stopping at a pair of double doors which led to the entrance of the throne room.

"Your Highness," Lyra said to me. "Remember the flow of events?"

I nodded my head quickly recalling into my mind everything that she and my mother had drilled into me regarding the course of the ceremony. Avery let go of my arm and gave me a kiss on the cheek before slipping inside the doors leaving me alone with Lyra.

"Are you ready?" She asked looking at me.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

Lyra smiled at me encouragingly. "No need to worry about anything, Your Highness. I assure you that everything will go smoothly as planned." She rapped on the door three times as a signal for the doormen to start opening the double doors and then stepped back.