Chapter 15: The Son Of Scandran

Solaire's POV

A few minutes passed and when there wasn't any striking blow I slowly cracked open one of my eyes. To my utmost astonishment, I found the tip of a sharp dagger protruding from the Cabrian's chest. It sank deeper into his chest until he finally crumpled on the ground in front of me revealing Tarah right behind him.

She yanked hard at the dagger and ripped it out of the Cabrian's back and we watched for a moment as the Cabrian succumbed to his death bathe in his own pool of purple blood. Her gaze flickered towards me and she asked looking concerned, "Are you alright, Sol?"

"Yes, I'm fine," I shakily got up to my feet unable to tear off my eyes from the dead Cabrian who almost killed me. "Thank you for saving me by the way."

She just nodded her head mutely and then her gaze drifted away from my face to the cut on my arm. She took it and examined it carefully before meeting my gaze again. "Let's find Ave so that he could heal you. This cut is much deeper than it looks like."

I briefly glanced at the wound which has turned into a deep shade of purple and then hastily pulled back my arm from her grasp. "It's fine. No need to worry so much about it." Then I hesitated for a brief second and deliberated with myself whether to tell Tarah about the images that flooded into my mind during my battle against the Cabrian awhile ago. "I-I've got something to tell you, Tarah."

"What is it?"

"While I was battling the Cabrian awhile ago I felt a sharp pain in my head and all at once scenes of the other royalists fighting for their lives flooded into my mind," I told her while trying to sort out the jumbled thoughts in my head.

"What do you mean, Sol?" Tarah asked me confusion etched on her face.

"I saw a scene in my head wherein Avery was locked in a combat between three Cabrians at the same time," I explained further while trying to make sense about all of it. Before I could get to the point of telling her about a Cabrian attempting to stab him in the back, Tarah interrupted me.

"What about, Vann?" Tarah asked anxiously. "Have you seen her too? Do you know where they are right now? I've been looking for them for awhile now and until now I haven't seen them!"

"I-I don't know," I stammered my mind still whirring with the same unanswered questions in my head. Before she could open her mouth to ask me something else, I said quickly, "And I also saw my brother Haiden, Tarah! He's in trouble. We need to find him."

"But Ave and Vann might need our help too!"

I drew a sharp intake of breath to calm myself down. Ignoring the sudden pain that flared from my right arm, I took Tarah's shoulders with both of my hands and shook them forcing her to meet my gaze. "Listen, Tarah. Ave and Evanity are both fine on their own. I don't know why but I could really sense that my brother is in big trouble right now! And we have to get to him as fast as we can before it's too late." I could barely explain to her how the images in my head seem to be telling me something and I know deep in my heart that they were true.

Tarah seemed to disagree about my plan but I guess that she saw the desperation in my eyes which finally made her concede with my plan. She finally nodded her head to my utmost relief and said, "Let's go and find your brother then."

~~~*~~~

We sprinted directly towards the direction of the Scandran training area without even looking back to see whether a Cabrian was trailing behind us. On our way there scenes of chaos and destruction unfolded before our very own eyes. Dead bodies of several Cabrians lie all over the ground as well as the bodies of some Scandran soldiers who had fallen too. While running, I surveyed the entire area and saw that only a few of my men were still up and fighting against the Cabrians while the others were leading the Scandran residents to safety just like what I had instructed them to do awhile ago.