Chapter 20: Visions

Solaire's POV

Mist swirled in the air all around me blocking my view of my surroundings. It encircled me wrapping me close in its foggy haze. It took me several seconds to realize where I was before I figured out that I wasn't in Scandra anymore. I was in an entirely different realm. One that I have never been into before.

Then I blinked twice just in time for the mist to clear and evaporate into thin air and I felt my jaw dropped to the ground by the scene that was unfolding before my very eyes.

I was suddenly in an enclosed four walled stone chamber and I saw Avery generating a force field just in time as a huge slab of stone was thrown in his direction. It bounced off his forcefield as well as the other stones that were hurled towards him. Except for the last one which bore down a huge gaping hole on his forcefield which sent him crashing backwards against the wall right behind him.

Blood trickled down from his mouth which he quickly wiped away with his hand. He immediately grabbed his sword which was resting on the ground.

"Why don't you just give up already, Havian, so that you could spare yourself from the pain that I would cause you?" A muscular guy told him from the opposite side of the room.

"Never." He answered through gritted teeth. He rose up to his feet once again but before I could see what happened next the scene suddenly shifted and I was now standing in a sandy desert with the scorching heat boring down on me.

My eyes widened in surprise as soon as I saw Evanity who was struggling in vain to get herself out of a quicksand. The same guy that I've seen earlier stood in a tall pillar looking down at her with a smirk on his face. "Come on Evanity! Think, think, think! How can you get out of the forcefield?"

He snapped his fingers and I was horrified when I saw that sand particles had stuck all over Evanity's body which wasn't covered with the liquefied soil except for her face. The guy clenched his fist tightly and she let out a scream of pure agony as her body began to contort uncontrollably. I instinctively move forward to help her but just like in my previous vision I was rooted to the exact spot that I was standing.

I couldn't tear my gaze off Evanity feeling helpless as each second passed by. I could sense that she was trying really hard to fight against the sudden paralysis in her body and when she finally succeeded the sand particles finally left her body and fell back to the ground.

A few minutes passed in silence before Evanity closed her eyes in concentration and summoned her seclaire Fallon. He appeared and then she grabbed onto his legs as he began pulling her out of the quicksand. But their efforts were in vain since she hardly shifted in her position in the liquefied soil. Breathing hard, Evanity raised her hands up in the air and then gathered all the wind around her. She created a huge, swirling silvery ball of air which she quickly aimed at the ground releasing a huge amount of wind which let her escape from the quicksand. She quickly hopped onto Fallon and then she directed her attention back at the guy who had almost killed her.

Without warning the scene shifted for the third time around and I was standing on a cobblestone road with stores and shops lining on the opposite sides of the street. I gasped when I saw my brother Haiden engaged in a fight against the same guy awhile ago. The guy had whirled around and kicked a boulder from the ground which he sent towards Haiden's direction.

Before he could dodge the boulder hit him and he was thrown backwards against a door of a store.

"Haiden!" I screamed out in alarm and moved towards him but once again I was frozen on my spot on the ground.

Neither one of them heard me and the guy approached my brother and towered over him as he struggled to get on his feet. "Why don't you give up already, Haiden? You're already on the losing side of this battle."