Chapter 34: The Daughter Of Airan

Evanity's POV

The three of us cautiously weaved our way through the ongoing battle that was still happening around us. We zipped past several dead bodies lying on the ground, past a few Airan soldiers who were fighting against the Cabrians and past several houses devoid of Airan residents. My heart hammered in a fast pace inside my chest and I couldn't brush off the negative thoughts in my head. What if we didn't get there in time? What if they had already invaded the avilar and took away the Daughter of Airan?

Shaking my head to clear those thoughts away, I felt a hand gripped on mine enveloping me in its warmth. I glanced at Avery who was running next to me wearing a somber expression on his handsome face. I squeezed his hand once and he shifted his gaze on me to give me a brief smile before returning his gaze back ahead of him. I looked to my other side and saw Tarah who was panting slightly beads of sweat pouring from her forehead.

"We're almost there," she told Avery and I sounding quite breathless. "Just a few more feet away."

I followed her gaze and saw that she was right. Looming ahead of us were the high mountains and sitting atop the highest mountain was the Airan avilar. When we reached the foot of the mountain I quickly summoned Fallon out of my milaire and said to the others, "Hop in."

We all climbed on Fallon's back and he spread his wings and soared into the open air. The wind whistled in my ears as we ascended upwards into the sky, the strong breeze flipping my hair behind my back.

I caught my breath when the Airan avilar finally came into our view. Its silver towers rosed out of sky making it appear as if the entire structure was floating on the clouds. White columns supported its entire foundation and a flight of steps led to the entrance of the avilar.

Before Fallon could even descend properly on the ground, a strong wind current blew our way almost knocking my seclaire off the sky.

"Hang on tight guys! That's just the security system of the avilar," I shouted over the howling of the wind. "We can do this, Fallon."

I clenched my seclaire's reins tightly in one of my hands and with my other free hand I manipulated the raging winds. I waved my hand in the air in an attempt to control them and a few seconds later the turbulent winds finally calmed down and settled into a light breeze. Fallon finally landed safely on the ground and we all dismounted off his back. I summoned him back to my milaire and looked at Tarah and Avery who were both staring awestruck at the majestic Airan avilar in front of us. "Come on guys."

The three of us made our way towards the flight of steps leading to the main entrance of the avilar. When we arrived at a pair of double doors, I paused for a moment before lifting the silver door knocker and banging it twice against the door.

The double doors opened and a rushed of wind swept out from the inside of the avilar. Behind the doors stood an elderly woman wearing silver robes, her dark hair neatly piled into a bun on the top of her head. She peered into us and said looking confused, "Who are you and what do you want?"

I stepped forward and said politely, "I'm Evanity an Airan and this is Davian Tarah and Havian Avery from the kingdom of Enara." I motioned towards them respectively. "We're here to request an audience with Learnah Twyla. We need to see her immediately. It's very urgent."

She huffed out suddenly frustrated and folded her arms across her chest. "I'm afraid not. Even if you're with the Davian and Havian of Enara you're still not allowed to see the Learnah."

"Why not?" Tarah asked stepping forward to face the elderly woman. "We've got really serious business to discuss. We need to see her right now."

"It's because the Learnah is greatly injured from the Airan battle that occurred several days ago," the woman explained impatiently. "Now go before I call security."