Chapter 31: Heartfelt Apologies

Solaire's POV

The faint rays of the moonlight fell upon the dark figures and my heart exploded with relief when I saw Avery, Tarah, Liren and Haiden emerged out of the darkness heading straight towards me.

"Sol!" Haiden raced to my side and engulfed me in a tight hug before noticing Evanity. "What happened to Vann?"

"Vann!" Avery cried out finally reaching us. He stared at Evanity's pale face in disbelief and then asked me, "What happened?"

I gently handed her body to him and watched as he began to work on the wound on her back. "It's a long story..."

"We've got all the time in the world for that, Sol," Liren spoke up bending down to sit across from me next to Tarah and waited for me to explain.

I hesitated for a brief moment my gaze flickering between the four of them as the recent events came rushing back into my mind. Taking another deep breath, I began recounting to them everything that happened starting from the time when Evanity found me in the forest until the creation of the hurricane which killed all of the Cabrians. However, I left out the part where I met the mysterious archer since I knew that they wouldn't be exactly happy about me meeting a stranger in the middle of a forest.

By the time I was finished with my story, Avery was already done healing Evanity and her pale face had returned to its original rosy color though she was still passed out. "Hurricane? You were able to create a hurricane?"

"Yes," I answered him proudly. "Actually both of us did it. Evanity and I worked together to create one."

"I still can't believe that you ran away, Sol!" Haiden suddenly yelled at me his hands clenched tightly on both of his sides. "You put yourself in danger! Look what happened to Vann!"

Guilt gnawed at my heart because of his accusing words. He didn't have to rub it in that it was all my fault. "I'm so sorry, okay? I didn't expected this to happen. This is all my fault."

My twin brother's features seemed to soften by my unexpected apology then he averted his gaze. "It's alright, Sol. But this isn't just your fault." He raised his eyes to meet mine and I was surprised to see the sincerity in his almond shaped hazel eyes as he said, "I'm so sorry too, Sol, for everything that happened this morning. I'm really sorry because I defended Vann and not you. It's just... When you insulted Vann in front of me it felt like you were insulting me too - your own brother. I just hope that you forgive me."

My eyes brimmed with tears - a combination of sadness and joy at my reconciliation with my brother. "Apology accepted, Hay." I pulled him into my arms and hugged him tightly as tears began streaming freely down my cheeks.

We let go of each other and I quickly wiped away my tears with the back of my hand.

Silence descended upon us as no one spoke for a few moments lost in our own thoughts. Then Tarah broke it by saying, "How many Cabrians did you fought awhile ago, Sol?"

"There were twenty five of them all in all," I answered still quite unable to believe that Evanity and I had managed to defeat them all by creating a hurricane.

"We should leave Enthrall at once, we aren't safe here anymore," Tarah said sounding quite anxious. Then she turned to Liren. "Maybe we should really go there."

"Go to where?" Avery asked looking at both of them in bafflement. "Aren't we going to head to Airy?"

"No," Liren replied shaking his head. "The Cabrians are probably expecting us to go straight to Airy
so it's much better if we travel somewhere else - somewhere they least expected us to go to."