Chapter 32: An Attraction Of Opposites

Liren's POV

The next morning we set off towards the Dalian Ocean. Just a few moments ago, we had bade goodbye to Enzo after telling him that we were no longer safe within the kingdom. Since there wasn't enough time we didn't bother explaining to him everything that happened in the forest and he didn't pry for more details and instead just wished us a safe journey towards our destination.

The sound of waves crashing against the shore reached my ears before we even arrived at the seaside. My feet dug into the sand and the sea breeze ruffled my jet-black hair tousling it even more.

Next to me, Tarah stared straight ahead into the huge expanse of deep blue waters and asked, "How are we going to get there?"

I looked behind me at Avery who was approaching us along with Evanity, Haiden and Solaire. "Ave could create a force field which we could use to take us down to the bottom of the ocean. Sol could help in controlling the water currents while Vann could also manipulate the air trapped inside the forcefield for it to sink." The three people whom I mentioned listened to me intently and nodded their heads in understanding.

All of us began wading into the cold waters of the ocean stopping only when the water reached up to our waists. Avery held out his hands in front of him and closed his eyes in concentration as he conjured up a force field. Seconds later, a large bubble-shaped force field appeared out of nowhere and he said, "Get in everyone!"

We all piled inside with Avery being the last one to enter. Then Evanity and Solaire began working together: Solaire pushing down the force field deeper into the ocean by controlling the water currents while Evanity manipulated the air inside the bubble gathering all of the cold air and dispersing it so that the force field would become heavier and sink into the bottom of the ocean.

Schools of various kinds of colorful fishes darted passed us as we travelled downwards towards the ocean floor and from the corner of my eye I could see Tarah looking at them in awe. My lips curled up to form a small smile and I was about to tell her something when Solaire asked me, "How did you know that there is a secret royalist hideout below the Dalian Ocean, Liren?"

I turned my attention to Solaire and looked at her. "My parents told me about it a long time ago. There are several more secret hideouts spread throughout the other four kingdoms. But this is the closest one to the kingdom of Airy."

"I see," she said nodding her head in comprehension.

"Would anyone bother to tell me everything that happened after I passed out?" Evanity asked her gaze flickering to all of us. "I'm wondering what I missed out when I was still unconscious."

Avery laughed lightly and smiled at her. "Well, to make it brief before we got out of the forest we ran into another group of Cabrians."

"Again?" she asked looking stunned.

"Again," Solaire nodded. "I think that they're the reinforcements that the other Cabrians that we killed had sent before we were able to defeat them."

"What happened next?"

"We were able to defeat them as expected," Avery answered.

"That was actually the first time that we worked together," Tarah spoke up joining in their conversation. "All five royalists."

"The power of five royalists," Haiden said wistfully. "And there's only one left before the Royal Brigade would be complete."

"I bet that Vann is already looking forward to return back to Airy," Tarah said grinning at Evanity. "Right, Vann?"

She just looked away not meeting her gaze. "Not really."

"Not really? What do you mean, Vann?" Haiden asked looking bemused.