Chapter 24: Burning With Rage And Jealousy

Haiden's POV

"We should head out to Airy early in the morning the day after tomorrow," Liren was saying to everyone halfway through our dinner in the great dining hall. The six of us sat across each other in a long table with Liren taking the head of the table and Avery sitting across from him on the opposite end. Meanwhile, I sat next to my twin sister facing Evanity across the table who was sitting right beside Tarah.

"Yes, its better if we leave early in the morning," Avery spoke up in agreement. "So that there would be a lesser chance of getting assaulted by the Cabrians."

"Every one of us is already equipped with his or her own weapon right?" Liren asked us glancing all around the table.

"I-I don't have a weapon," Tarah answered keeping her gaze on the empty plate in front of her and avoiding contact with Liren's eyes. "I gave my rapier to Vann so that she could use it."

Evanity bit her lower lip looking guiltily at the table but before she could say anything I said, "I don't need a weapon, Liren. I'm just going to use my pyrokinesis and minor powers to defeat the enemy."

"Oh that reminds me," Solaire slapped a hand on her forehead. "I must restock some arrows since I ran out of them during the battle in Scandra."

"Well, we could go to the arsenal later after dinner," Liren said then he turned his attention to Tarah. "There's a wide variety of swords in the arsenal, Tarah. I'm pretty sure that you could find one later." He gave her a smile which she bashfully returned.

Then he directed his attention to me. "It's much better if you have your own weapon, Hay. It's for your own protection just in case you feel to weak to use your powers."

"Alright then," I reluctantly agreed then picked up my fork and took a bite of my steak.

~~~*~~~

An hour later, we were in the huge arsenal of the avilar surrounded by different military equipments and weapons of every kind. A section of a wall displayed different variety of swords while another part of the room held shields and metal armors. My gaze caught a glinting golden object on the left side of the arsenal and I hurried to that direction my eyes widening in surprise when I saw what it was.

I lifted it up to take a closer look at it and realized that it was a golden bow. Lying on the ground is a quiver full of golden arrows and I picked up one and nocked it on the arrow rest. Then I raised and drew the bow and aimed it at the nearest wall before finally releasing it.

The golden arrow sailed over the air and embedded itself on the concrete wall. Small cracks appeared on the wall where it has strike and I lowered my bow to the ground noting how heavy it feels in my hand but even though its heavy somehow it feels right in my hands.

"Are you getting that?" A voice behind me asked.

I turned around to find Solaire standing in front of me her hands clutching a quiver full of silver arrows. "Maybe."

"You should really get that," she told me. "I know that you're not used to dealing with swords."

I smiled a little. My sister really knew me well. I didn't want to admit it but I really sucked when it comes to swordplay. But as for archery well... firing an arrow and striking the target comes naturally to me. "Okay."

From the opposite side of the room, Tarah and Liren were both examining the wall where different kinds of swords were displayed. Solaire and I approached them and when we reached them I saw Liren reaching out for a single-edged sword with a slight curve on the blade.

He examined it carefully and then handed it to Tarah. "This is a falcion. This weapon combines the weight and power of an axe with the versatility of a sword. Its quite heavy but I think that you'll like it."