Chapter 10: The Truth

Disclaimer - I do not own PJO or HOO and I never will

---

Hey, I am so so so so sorry for not updating last week. I hit a wall after falling out of my routine during Springbreak. But I'm back today! The chapter is a bit shorter than most and I didn't read through it as much so feel free to point out any grammar mistakes.

Before I forget, I have a discord server made for all of my stories, this one included! You can find the link in the bio.

And with that being said, that's dive into the story!

- Kathy

---

First, it was the numbness. Then the panic set in. Percy looked around desperately, hoping to find something that would help him out as his gaze shifted to Artemis's form on the ground once more. He tried to remember the basic medical instructions on what you're supposed to do in this situation and the only thing that came to mind was CPR.

Hoping that Apollo might come and save his sister, Percy shouted at the sky. "APOLLO! GET YOUR LAZY ASS DOWN HERE!"

A moment of silence followed but no sun god appeared. Percy sighed before looking down at Artemis once more. At least he tried. He put his left hand on top of his right one before searching for a spot in-between Artemis's ribcage, but not directly on it, somewhere below it. Taking a deep breath, he straightened his arms and pushed down slowly, soon getting into a rhythm.

One and two and three and four and...

There was still no heartbeat. Percy pressed his ears to her heart once more before straightening again and continued his rhythm.

Eight and nine and ten and eleven...

The small ponding of the heart beating brought a smile to his face. Artemis gasped loudly, taking in as much breath as her body could handle. Her eyes opened for a second, searching for Percy's. For a moment, everything was better and they were just in his apartment, talking and joking around. But then her eyes closed once more and her head went lump again.

Panic started to set in once more but Percy pushed the feelings down, slowly unwrapping his clothes that's around Artemis's midsection. The wound started to bleed again, and Percy could feel the sticky substance on his fingers. Going for one last try, he called up to the sky again. "APOLLO!"

The god appeared this time, seemingly at ease with a smile on his face. Percy shielded his eyes as he slapped the smile off Apollo's face, not even caring that he's a god. "Where the hell were you?"

"I'm a god, Percy," Apollo stated calmly, rubbing his cheeks. "I have godly duties I have to attend to- Gods of Olympus! What happened to my sister?"

"We were attacked," Percy said, barely keeping the anger at bay. "And your little sister was severely hurt. So why didn't you answer when I first called you?"

"This was the first time you called me, Percy," Apollo frowned, scratching his chin as he kneeled beside Artemis, flashing her to one of his hospital rooms. "If you did call me, I did not receive it."

"This is no time for jokes, Apollo," Percy warned before realizing that Apollo is also the god of truth. "Wait, you're not joking?"

"Why would you think I'm joking," Apollo complained with a straight face. Percy shrugged before closing his eyes, allowing Apollo to flashed them to his hospital on Olympus. "I don't joke around when it comes to serious matters. And this is a serious matter. I'll admit, there are times when I ignore the calls or prayers but never once have I not heard when someone called my name."