Chapter 14: Stories Left Untold

Disclaimer - I do not own PJO or HOO

---

hey- I am back...? So sorry I haven't update in like... umm... what is it? 6 months?! ahhh!! I'm so so sorry for the long wait. But now I'm back!! 

hopefully I didn't lose any of my writing skills or anything... and I want to say thank you to those of you who still stick with me through this long time period! I encourage you guys to re-read the last few chapters but it's okay if you just want to come here straight away. 

Happy reading! 

- Kathy

---

Anger. Burning in red.

Sadness. Flickering in blue.

Confusion. Fading into gray.

Another tear slid down her cheek and Artemis was quick to wipe it away. She couldn't believe she was here again at the end of the day. She was supposed to be shutting him out, not letting him deeper into her heart.

But he'll always be there.

"Fuck off," Artemis muttered, hoping that voice in her mind would just go away. She doesn't want to deal with this, she doesn't want to deal with love. Love brings you nothing but pain. Why couldn't she get him out of her mind?

The familiar cliff. The familiar smell of the ocean. The familiar sound of the wave splashing onto the rock. But nothing could get his haunting sea-green eyes out of her mind. Artemis gripped her hair, swearing her hair was turning gray out of frustration.

A sense of deja vu washed over her when she heard the leaves rustling behind her. But Thalia walked out this time instead of Percy.

Percy. The name brings back too many memories and moments she wasn't ready to deal with. She pushed it to the further corner of her mind, hoping she'll never have to deal with it again. Artemis looked up at Thalia before she dropped down beside her, her feet dangling by the cliff.

"Hey," Thalia greeted softly, her eyes soft. Artemis had told Thalia everything yesterday, trusting her judgment and needing someone to talk to. Thalia had been understanding and supportive, and that was exactly what Artemis had needed. "How are you doing?"

"I've been better," Artemis admitted, staring at the sun and watching it drop below the horizon. The stars are fully in view, no light pollution to ruin the night sky.

Thalia wrapped her arms around Artemis without another word, and Artemis closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth and comfort. "I heard about what happened."

"Yeah..." Artemis sighed. "I didn't know he would be here. And now he's all I can think about."

"Need me to beat him up for you?" Thalia asked, a dangerous glint in her eyes. As tempting as that sound, Artemis knew she wouldn't be able to live with herself if something bad happened to him. So she just shook her head, earning a disappointed look from Thalia. "But he hurt you, I'm simply getting even with him."

Artemis gave Thalia a pointed look, earning an eye roll. "Getting even with him won't solve anything."

"It solves everything in my book," Thalia hummed innocently. "Let them feel the pain they inflicted on me. Teach them that they shouldn't mess with me."

A small chuckle was heard as Artemis shook her head amusingly. Sure, there are many times when Artemis would solve her problems with violence, finding it easier then to talk it out, but the thought of hurting him made her feel an unfamiliar feeling.