Chapter 3: Reunited

Disclaimer - I do not own PJO or HOO. All rights to our dear Uncle Rick.

---

Artemis sighed as she sharpened her hunting knives, sitting by the fire in the middle of her hunter's camp, surrounded by silver tents. Her lieutenant, Zoë Nightshade sat beside her, watching the fire, her body tense.

"Milady," Phoebe, daughter of Ares, one of Artemis' oldest hunters beside Zoë walked up toward her, bowing slightly. "We're ready to go."

Artemis stood up and nodded, Zoë standing up beside her. "Thank you, Phoebe. We'll go in five minutes."

"Do thou know what thee is hunting?" Zoë asked softly, her left hand holding her bow tightly as a dark look flashed across Artemis' face. There was a long pause before Zoe got an answer.

"Let us pray that I'm wrong," Artemis finally said as she shoulders her bow, walking toward her other hunters who were standing in a circle, waiting for their mistress and lieutenant. Artemis joined the circle. "Close your eyes, girls."

They did as they were told as a bright light surrounded them, flashing them near a military school, Westover Hall, where a powerful monster had been sensed by her father.

Artemis stayed quiet throughout the whole trip as her hunters and her moved stealthily through the trees, creeping closer toward the monster, which happened to be the manticore. Artemis cursed under her breath as she notched an arrow onto her bow, pulling the string back quietly.

She watched the half-bloods fighting as her breath caught in her throat when she saw the son of Poseidon, Percy Jackson. She saw him once after he came into the godly world, after his first quest, in which he returned her father's lightning bolt. He didn't spare her one glance, which hurt Artemis, but she knew that's for the best. However, she was ready to excuse it as the fact that he hadn't ever seen her in this form.

She hoped that he wouldn't connect the dots when he saw her silver eyes. She took another deep breath, realizing Zoë was studying her as she held a hunting horn to her lips. Artemis nodded as Zoë blew into it, signaling the monster and half-bloods of their arrival.

---

The manticore froze. For a moment, no one moved. There was only the swirl of snow and wind. Percy peered into the forest, hoping to see whoever came to their rescue. To his disappointment, he couldn't see anyone. He turned to look at Thalia, who was glaring at the forest.

Just about an hour ago, he had arrived at Westover hall with Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena, and Thalia Grace, daughter of Zeus, his two best friends, after Grover called them over, saying that there's an emergency.

A year after Luna left, Percy found himself stuck in the mythology world, and he learned that his father was none other than Poseidon, God of earthquakes, storms, and the ocean. He soon realized Grover was actually a satyr and he found his way to Camp Half-Blood, a camp for demigods like him. The very same year, he was framed for stealing Zeus' thunderbolt and embedded on a journey with Annabeth and Grover. Ever since then, the three of them have formed a pretty strong bond.

Then came the second year, when the pine tree that protects the camp's border, Thalia's pine tree, was poisoned and he sneaked out of camp with Annabeth and his cyclops half brother, Tyson, finding the golden fleece and brought Thalia back to life. Thalia became a quick friend of his yet they fought pretty often.

When they arrived at Westover hall, they were informed by Grover that he found two demigods. Things were going quite okay before Dr. Thorn turned into a manticore and took Bianca and Nico Di Angelo out of the dance hall they were in. Percy shortly followed, not wanting harm to come the sibling's way.