Chapter 8: Christmas Times

Disclaimer - I do not own PJO or HOO. All rights to our dear Uncle Rick.

---

AN: I'm back once again! Just a little warning for the readers:

Not all stories have a happy ending

Don't assume anything because it's just a warning and merely an observation. Also, it would be greatly appreciated if you guys can vote on the poll on my profile. I won't tell you what it means exactly (though I know some of you will know what it's for) but I really need your opinion. 

For Wattpad and AO3 peeps, I'll be putting the poll at the end of the chapter! With that being said, enjoy this chapter!

---

Poseidon flashed back to his underwater palace the second the council was dismissed. Shocked and anger was presented on his face as the fishes bow and stepped aside for their Lord to pass through, none wanting to stand in his way, knowing full well what Poseidon was capable of when he's angry.

"Milord," a voice sounded out behind him as Poseidon turned around sharply, glaring at whoever was behind him. A shark was there, bowing down nervously. Poseidon gripped his trident tightly as he gestured for the shark to continue. "I spotted an asillias near the pacific border."

Poseidon's hand on her trident tightened around the grip if possible. The shark flicked his tail nervously as Poseidon finally spoke up, his voice deathly calm. "Anything else you need to report?"

"Well... you see..." The shark looked even more nervously. "Your son is near it. We tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen to us."

Poseidon's eyes widened as he started swimming toward the entrance of his palace before flashing away when he was sure no one was around.

He appeared again in the middle of the ocean, all was peaceful. The wave was calm, though, at first glance, it seems like no living creatures were around. It was dark, only a small beam of sunlight penetrated the dark ocean. Poseidon looked around wearily before finally picking up the sound of metals colliding.

The closer Poseidon swam toward the sound, the stronger the current became. Soon, he saw his son fighting the asillias with Riptide. The monster, also known as the asillias by the mer folks, a creature with dark black furs and long pointy tooth. Its breath full of poison, the touch of its poison can kill a mortal within minutes if not given the antidotes that Poseidon had carefully crafted over the years. It has four legs yet it swims in the ocean as easily as it runs on land.

Poseidon charged it, raising his silver trident as he dived in, stabbing the asillias' mid-section, drawing pitch-black blood. Percy looked up in surprise when he saw his father next to him. Poseidon barely paid him any attention as he sent another stab toward the monster, this time toward the heart. The asillias rolled out of the way through, growing as it roared, charging Poseidon.

They were locked in a heated battle, Percy having no other choice but to watch from the sideline as Poseidon swung his trident left and right, blocking the fast and calculated hits from the asillas. Just as a hand was about to come down at Poseidon, he threw his trident, this time meeting the target. Before the hit could come down, the monster started to dissolve.

Poseidon raised his arms, his palm opened as the trident flew back toward its owner. Percy stared at his father with awe as Poseidon chuckled slightly.

"Dad? What? How?" Percy shuttered out as he gestured to his silver trident. "I thought your trident is gold?"

Poseidon studied his son, wondering whether or not he should tell him the truth before deciding to. "It's for some... special occasion."