Pester

When I flickered to life the next night,  I was shocked to see Marionette sitting in the corner across from mine.

     "Marionette?" I said cautiously.  "What are you doing here?"

     He looked up,  his black eyes wide with shock. "Sorry Vi-...Mangle. I was just wandering around thinking." He stood.

     "Thinking about what?" I said sharply.

    He stopped at the doorway. "About that night.  You know, when the children...." he stopped with a choking noise.

      My eyes widened. "You were there?" I asked. He nodded slowly.

     Endo leaned forward next to me. "Mari' what happened that night?" He asked.

     Shut up Endo...
    The last thing Marionette needed was my conscienceless second head to pester him and bring back unhappy memories.  If we wanted to hear what happened we'd need to be gentler.

      Marionette shook his head.  "No. If I was to tell you I'd have to call a meeting so I'd never have to speak of it again.  And it's too painful...."

     I nodded. "Ok Mari' don't strain yourself." I started to pull back into the shadows when Puppet looked up sharply.

    " Mangle,  how do you not remember?" He asked.

     I blinked.  "Remember what?" I asked. He took a step towards me.

     "The murder.  You were there."