"ranboo".

2nd pov (you, yourself)

It was a rainy day, and you were taking a bit of a walk. You always loved rain. When you lived in the suburbs, your mom and you would go outside and lay down in the grass. It was peaceful, refreshing. So when you and your dad moved to New York, you would go outside and take a walk when it was raining. 

It made it feel like your mom was still with you. On Earth.

Why did you leave us? I thought. Why did you leave me?

You could've stayed with us-

Right then you bumped into a tall man. "Sorry," he apologized.

"No, you're fine, that was my bad." you said.

"No, it's my bad," he argued playfully.

"No, no. It's my bad!" you laughed.

"Okay, fine. It's your fault," the man relented.

"Thank you," you said. "By the way, you look like you're going towards that apartment building."

"I am, actually," He replied.

"Really? I've never seen you around. Are you visiting?"

"I just moved here," he answered.

"Oh, which number? (sorry i don't live in an apartment I don't know how it works) mine's 213."

"Oh! I'm 215!" he said.

"Really? I think we'll be next to each other then," you told him.

"Cool!"

"I can show you around if you want." you offered. 

"Sure, that'd be nice," he said.

You turn around, walking next to him towards the building. 

Once you two get inside, you show him around.

"This is the main lobby," you say. "And this. This is where I like to hang out."

You showed him a worn seat, that sat in a dark corner, next to a big fireplace. He nodded.

"Nobody really likes this seat. I don't know why," you told him.

He nodded again. "Do you have the key to your apartment? I can show you where it is."

"Um," he searched his pockets and pulled out a small key. "Yeah, sure."

"Cool," you lead him up the elevator. "We're on the 2nd floor."

"How old are you?" he asked. 

"19," you replied

"Oh, same actually."

You stopped at his apartment. "215. He we are! 213 is over there if you need me."

"Alright, my parents are probably waiting for me inside. Thanks!"

You started to open my door but he stopped me. "Uh. . . so c-can I um, maybe have y-your n-number?" he asked awkwardly.

You laughed. "Of course!" 

You exchanged numbers and went back inside your apartments.

You took off your shoes and coat off and headed towards your room to shower. 

You grab some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and hop in the shower.

Once you get out of the shower, you check your phone. You had one notification. 

xxx-xxx-xxxx

xxx-xxx-xxxx

i just realized that i never caught your name

xxx-xxx-xxxx

it's y/n

what's yours?

xxx-xxx-xxxx

you can call me ranboo

xxx-xxx-xxxx

oh, ok

You changed his contact name to "ranboo🤨" and sink down onto your bed. An odd name, really. 

You decided to take a nap. You didn't really want to do anything else. So you just listened to the sounds the raindrops hitting your window and fell asleep.

----------------------

hi! it's friend! thanks for reading, i also wrote this chapter during class so I didn't proofread.

-friend💙