karens.

y/n's pov

The next day I woke up, I felt fine. My throat was still a little sore, but everything else was better! 

ranboo🤨

✨y/n✨

I feel a lot better now! thanks for taking care of me❤️

ranboo's pov

I got a notification from y/n:

✨y/n✨

✨y/n✨

I feel a lot better now! thanks for taking care of me❤️

Did she just use a heart emoji? I could feel my face burn as I wrote back

ranboo🤨

the least I could do

y/n's pov

I put my phone down after reading his text. I grabbed a quick breakfast and logged on to my zoom meeting.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛time skip ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

After school I headed to work. It was Wednesday, so I had 6 hours of work. 

Once I got there, I took my coat off, and greeted everybody else there.

I walked towards the counter, telling Brynn (another worker there) that she could go on break.

"Thanks," she said.

I walked up to the counter, and greeted the next customer.

"Hi! Are you buying this?" I asked

"Yes, thank you!"

"Alright," I scanned the tags, and gave her her total (Idk how this works i don't work in retail. i don't have a job at all actually😅)

She bought the clothes and I moved on to the next customer.

(next part inspired by @snerixx on tiktok)

"Hi, how was your day?" I asked politely.

"Honey, I just waited seven and a half minutes in line." she said.

"Yeah, we've been pretty busy all day and-"

"I don't need your excuses, I just need to buy those clothes," she snapped.

"Sorry," I apologized. "Your total's going to be $54.67."

"What? That's absurd! There must be a mistake."

"Um. . . the computer is correct."

"Well, your prices are crazy and I don't know why I come," she said.

"So your total is going to be $54.67."

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛time skip ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"I hate work," I complained to ranboo.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Karens. They come, and then complain about the lines. Then they proceed to say that our prices are atrocious. Then there's always a, "I don't even know why I come." But then they actually buy the items?" I ranted.

He just listened. I talked for about an hour before I heard soft snores coming from the my phone. I looked down at it and saw ranboo sleeping. It was late, so I decided to go to bed too, but I didn't hang up.

------------------------------

so I ended this chapter really suddenly bc I didn't know what else to do with it sooo. . . idk. n e ways, THANK YOU GUYS FOR 568 READS AND 42 VOTES!! OMG I JUST REALIZED I MISSED 420. ANOTHER HUGE MILESTONE. YOU MUFFINHEADS ARE READING THIS TOO FASTTTT. love you guys

-friend💙