Mission time

Ayame's pov

A few days had past. Lee had taken the operation and I was glad when I heard it was succesful.

I was ordered to go to the Hokage with my team and I was surprised to see my dad's team, Kurenai-sensei's team, Asuma-sensei's team, Gai-sensei, Neji and Tenten.

"What's going on here?" I asked. I was totally clueless of why almost every genin in the village was here.

"We received word from the land of the Sea were dealing with strange events." she said. "It's also very--"

"Wouldn't one team be enough?" Naruto interrupted her.

"Maybe, if you would have let her talk, you would've been able to hear a reason." Sakura said.

"However, the situation is very dangerous. People are disappearing and found dead. They asked us to send shinobi to investigate and to assure safety. I wanted to send every team available, but that isn't enough. There will be two teams from other hidden villages."

"Who?! Who?!" Kazuki and Naruto yelled in unision.

"You'll see when you meet them at the meeting spot." lady Tsunade said. "You're dismissed!"

"Be at the gate in one hour." dad told everyone. I went home with dad to pack my stuff. I packed several kunai and shuriken and explosive tags.

When I came downstairs, I saw my dad was already done packing. "Let's go, it's almost time to go."

Kazuo's pov

It was almost time to depart and only Kakashi-sensei and Ayame hadn't show up yet. We soon saw them coming our way, precisely on time.

We left the village and headed for the land of the Sea. "Where's the meeting place?" I asked Tenzou-sensei.

"Near the borders to the land of Wind." he replied. "Both of the teams would be there."

I nodded. "How long will it take us to be there?"

"At least three days." Tenzou-sensei replied. I looked in front of me and saw we were walking behind everyone else with Kakashi-sensei and Ayame. Kazuki was talking to Naruto - I guessed it was about what it would be like and what they would do when they returned -, Sakura and Ino were arguing about who would win Sasuke, Kurenai's team were walking in silence, just like Gai-sensei, Neji and Tenten.

Ayame ran past me to join the group, so did I. Gai-sensei slowed down to be able to walk next to Kakashi-sensei. Ayame started having a conversation with Sasuke, in which Sasuke actually talked. Ino and Sakura were obviously jealous that Sasuke would talk to her, but not to them.

When we arrived at the spot we were supposed to meet the two other teams, we saw they were already there. One of them was from the hidden Mist village, Youko and her genin and a team from the hidden Sand village. "Gaara!" Ayame said and she waved at a boy with red hair and a gourd on his back. He was thrown into a hug, earning sweatdropping from everyone besides me, Kazuki, Tenzou-sensei, Kakashi-sensei and Gai-sensei.

"Hey Kankuro!" Kazuki yelled. "Ayame told us you thanked us, so you're welcome!"

Ayame sweatdropped. "Right now, I regret telling you..."

Kankuro chuckled, but became silent again when he saw Gaara glaring at him.

"Uhm..." Sakura started. "Why did you just hug him?"

"Remember what I told you in the hospital?" Ayame replied. "And that hint I gave you?"

Sakura opened her mouth to say something, but she remained silent. Everyone was actually shocked. "How can you still be so cool about it?" Kurenai asked. "Your daughter is dating someone who killed people."