Little Hangleton

Verity Alson lives in a small muggle suburb in Little Hangleton with her grandparents, they told her when she was very little that they had adopted her, because her real parents weren't so fond of her, and decided that they didn't want to bring her up. Verity never asked further questions about her biological parents, it was enough for her knowing that they never wanted her, and that they never even tried to make up.

That day, August 21st, was the day of her eleventh birthday, and her grandparents Raymond and Lucinda were waiting for her in the kitchen with a cake baked just for her.

-Happy birthday Sweetheart! - Said Lucinda going to hug her niece.

-Happy birthday love. - Said Raymond in turn kissing Verity on the cheek.

-Thank you.. - Said Verity with a loving tune.

-Make a wish. - Said Lucy gesturing towards the eleven candles, which were towering the cake.

Verity blew the candle, and Lucy started cutting the cake.

-Darlene is waiting for me at the park, may I go please? - Darlene was Verity, one and only, best friend. Verity and her had known each other since first grade, and even if sometimes they fought with each other, Verity loved Darlene so much and always forgave her everything.

-Yes of course you can! - Said Lucy.

-Will you go and grab the mail please? - Ask Raymond.

Without even asking Verity went for the door, and on the floor stood several letters one above the others. She collected them and while she was going back to the kitchen started to browse them in her hands, bill, bill, the knitting journal her grandmother was subscribed to, a big red lacquer wax seal flashed under her eyes. She turner the letter in curiosity, and found her self in reading her own name.

Verity Alson

Little Hangleton

Sherbourne Road 77

She opened the letter with a perplexed look on her face, wondering who could possibly write to her, for a moment she almost though it was her real parents.

Dear Miss Alson,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.

She stared at the elegant green calligraphy. 'What a dumb joke', she tore the letter into pieces, thinking it was just another joke of some silly girl at school, Verity thought it was really sick they actually used her real address. She trashed it under the sink with too much rage.

-What was that? - Asked smiling calmly Raymon, while opening the bills with his knife.

-Nothing, nothing.. so can I please go and meet Darlene?

-Yes sure dear! Just be careful and remember to be home for lunch!!

The Saint Helen's park was right at the end of the street, and was the usual meeting point for Darlene and Verity. Darlene was waving at Verity from the park, she started to walk towards her, as the friend was waving back.