Targeted

The following day everyone reached the Great Hall which was found oddly closed, and Professor McGonagall was waiting everyone in front of the huge Oak door.

-Gather'ound! Come everyone get closer! - She called everyone, she then pointed the wand at her neck. -Sonorus! - The ones in the first rows a little taken aback, covered their ears sufferingly.

-Good morning everyone! I was asked by Professor Dumbledore to make this speech, about the events that occured yesterday. We still don't know what happened, nor who was behind it. So, there will be no question, the lessons will progress as normally they would - this generated a roar of disappointed murmurs. - a curfew will be instituted for your safety, and some corridors will be forgiven to consent further investigation on the case. If anyone, has a clue, or hear, or see anything that might concern the event must come immediately to me or any other professor, and must not, and I reapeat must not act alone. -

She took a pause where she looked at everyone.

- Now if everything is clear we can proceed to have our breakfast.- She removed the wand from her neck and opened the Great Hall doors.

-That's what you call a speech! - Fred's voice echoed from being.

Wendy from upfront turned to look at him, and doing so crossed Verity gaze.

-I bet the reason why that Powell boy has been freezed is because is a half freak! - Stella Williams was talking too loud on purpouse to make her self hearable along everyone.

-What you mean? - Asked a proud Hufflepuff probably friend of the cursed boy, everyone stood back looking at them.

-I mean.. Do you think it's just a coincidence he was a Mudblood??? I don't think it was. - She sneered and got closer to the Hufflepuff. -I think he deserved it. -

-Take it back. - Said Verity having taken out the wand without even having realized it. Stella immediately turned from the Hufflepuff to Verity.

-Uhhh, what are you gonna do with that? Can you even use it?-

-Better than you, anyway. -

Stella sneer faded from her face, and all of a sudden she became rigid and emotionless.

-I know you're like him Alson, I know your parents are Muggles too. If I'm right and I think I am. You're gonna be the next!-

Red light. Stella's wand was flying across the room before she could even think about it, everyone turned to see who cast the Expelliarmus, Verity expected it to be a Professor or one of the twins, instead she turned and met Wendy's eyes as steady as iron, impossible to penetrate even more impossible to move from her target.

-How dare you???- Blurted out Stella. -You're gonna regret this Boardman!!-

-Yeah? How? - Said Wendy taking a step towards Stella.

Stella didn't answer, she limited herself to grasping back her wand from Wendy's hand and heading inside the Great Hall. Verity met Wendy's eyes and as she was about to say something, she turned on her heels and entered the Great Hall too.

Later, after breakfast, Verity was the first to leave the Great Hall, headed to Gryffindor's common room to fetch some books and quills, as she strolled towards the seventh floor, she couldn't help but wondering why after everything that happened between her and Wendy, she defended her like that in front of everyone, against Stella. As the missing steps decreased Verity started to feel heavier and heavier as she needed some sleep, she fatigued to lift her feet. When the Fat Lady asked her the password she even laboured to respond her, at the point that the Fat Lady opened not because the password was correct but because she remembered Verity from the morning. Verity sat down on the sofa, but struggling to keep her eyes opened she lie down in front of the fire thinking she would have woke up better..