Chapter 2

6th June 2019.

12:00pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassie Richard's eyes flickered open and she shut them tightly as the ray of light shuffled in more harshly than she bargained. She had a banging headache and desired to place her hands on her forehead to soothe herself, and when she observed that it was impossible, she panicked.

Her eyes opened slower this time as her whole body shivered in anxiety, still trying to get access to her hands which she'd discovered were firmly tied behind her.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" She cursed, paying heed to her plummeting heartbeat.

The only movement she could afford was turning sideways to see Logan, her husband, still lost to the claws of a deep slumber, inadvertently.

The room was dark and shadowy, save the very high window opposite her. It contained only one bed which should indicate that they were not the first victims to be kidnapped and brought down here.

"Logan!" She yelled in terror and she wished with everything in her, that her hands were free to slap him awake.

He mumbled some words as he tried to move, but couldn't do a lot with his hands firmly cuffed and chained to the pole behind him just like hers.

"Logan, you better wake up right now, you stupid asshole," she said, getting more worried and more impatient.

He gently opened his eyes and they reflected both shock and fear as they came in contact with hers. She was a little ecstatic that he was still scared of her, but right now, they had a bigger problem.

"We've been kidnapped!" She announced.

He struggled to sit up as comfortably as he could with his hands behind him. He didn't look good at all which was very unusual.

"How did this happen?" Logan hadn't even one minute to recover from his shock, it had only transcended from one cause to another.

She rolled her eyes. "Am I supposed to know that?"

"Cassie, you show up at my house and a few minutes later, I'm chained in some basement. Obviously, you are supposed to know what this is about!" He yelled at her with a death glare.

She shouldn't be smiling, but she was. Devastated Logan was a sight too pretty to resist.

"If I wanted to chain you like the slimy animal that you are, why would I let myself share the same air with you?" She inquired.

"Oh please, Cassie. Spare me that bullshit. We both know who you are and what you're capable of!"

"You're delusional. Always have, always will be." She declared as she tried to pull at the chains holding her hands in place which only ended up hurting her.

"Stop this madness and let me out of here immediately!"

"I don't have anything to do with this!" She snarled at him.

He was struck by her words and stared at her wide-eyed.

It wasn't that she didn't know sometimes she could be a little in over her head and do things that left people questioning her sanity, but she would never go as far as kidnapping a man that was hours from becoming her ex-husband.

"You didn't do this?" He asked with a hushed tone.

"Obviously, I'm not crazy enough to do something like that."

"Debatable," he muttered.

Cassie bit her lip as she stared at Logan's beautiful green eyes, intently. "What the fuck is going on?"

From the way he looked at her witg terror in his eyes, she could tell he had no answers. He was just as oblivious as her. They were stuck probably in the middle of nowhere and they had no idea why.

"Who's there? Get me out of here!" Cassie bellowed, despite her husband's warning looks. He was probably scared like the coward that he was, but he had to realize that if they would ever get out of here, they had to at least, start by finding out who had kidnapped them and what exactly they wanted.

"Cassie, stop!"

"Stop what? Trying to get us out of here? Since you only know how to be a man in the bedroom," she spoke to him with scorn. Apparently, she hadn't gotten over the events from earlier.

It was particularly offensive that Logan had his girlfriends wear her dresses.

"Oh, I'm sure you miss that man so much. I'm sorry but it's your fault that you lost him." He glared her.

The woman in front of him only shook her head. "I think the only person you need to feel sorry for is yourself. You pretend like you're fine, constantly trying to feel happy with your little conquests, but you're sad. It's so obvious you're unhappy and I love to see you this way because you deserve every little pain that you feel."

"Woah!" Came a voice from the other side of the door, as a little peephole was opened.

Both of them stopped, not knowing what to anticipate as the metal door was opened slowly and a person walked in. It was quite difficult to tell the gender because they were completely clad in a black outfit, and a black mask that concealed their identity, only exposing icy blue eyes, and two guns, aimed at each of them.

"That is some sadistic shit," they said and one could tell Cassie's words had been somewhat amusing to them.

"Bitch, who the hell are you and why did you bring us here?" Cassie was quick to attack and the petrified Logan glanced from one member of the room to another, confused at why his almost ex-wife would speak rudely to someone bearing two guns.

"Watch your words, woman," the voice sounded soft quite unlike a kidnapper's would. Then again, there were no guide books on how to be a 'typical' kidnapper.

Logan only wished he could make use of his hands. It was so frustrating to sit in this position. "Whatever is going on, I'm certain this is all on her. She's the one you want. Please, let me go," he said, causing Cassie to stare at him with her mouth hung open.

Logan was a selfish, self-centered, bastard. It was one of the many reasons she could not stand him.

"Oh please, shut up that good for nothing hole you call a mouth. How did you come up with that idea that I'm the reason we're here? After all, they picked us up from your house!"

He glared at her. "So, it's my house now? If I remember correctly, what feels two minutes ago you were trying to lay claim over my property and beat my guest to a pulp."

Cassie scoffed. "Don't you dare try to sound like a decent man. I was trying to beat up that whore on our matrimonial bed and you should not have stopped me, you cheating scumbag!" She yelled at him and one could tell she was getting more unnerved every passing second.

"Please, let me get out of here so I can divorce this crazy woman. Please!" He begged.

"Hold up!" The masked person in front of them had been staring from one angry party to another and had finally deemed it fit to silence the both of them. "No one is going anywhere," They announced.

"That must be some terrible joke!" Cassie groaned in frustration.

"Flame, what's going on in there?" A deep husky voice, more deserving of a kidnapper came from the other side of the door.

"Nothing, just that we've got ourselves a bunch of arguing kids. This is gonna be interesting." Their voice was largely perceived in a singsong tone as they turned back in an attempt to walk out.

"Hey! Can you at least tell us why we are here and what we have to do to get out?" Logan inquired.

"You'll find out very soon." With that, Flame was out of the room and the door was shut firmly.

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this chapter, kindly vote and comment your thoughts. 💕