Chapter 4.5

14th July 1995

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan shivered at the memory of cold water, sprinkled on his face to unjustly drag him out of his sleep.

He'd thought that receiving his acceptance letter would make his mother let him be, but she'd only grown worse.

The past three months had been hell for him. He felt like his life a trap. He was running away from his feelings at the same time, dealing with his mother's tantrums.

He'd concluded that nothing he'd ever do would be good enough for her.

With trembling hands, he hugged his jacket for dear life, catching a glimpse of the dark and serene atmosphere from the tree he was hiding under.

After what felt like hours, he finally saw the girl he'd been waiting for.

Cassie alighted from James' car once he'd pulled the door open for her. He put his arms around her waist and kissed her.

Logan sat there, watching them with a frown on his face. He cracked his knuckles with so much force as though he wanted to break a few bones.

Once the couple was done with their unnerving display of affection, James got into his car and zoomed off.

Cassie turned and walked towards her home with a small smile on her face which had inevitably turned to shock and anger on sighting him.

"Hi," he said as he got up and walked even closer to her.

She gasped and shook her head in disbelieve as she attempted to get away.

"Cassie, please..." He trailed off as he got hold of her hand and turned her to face him.

She snatched her hand away from him forcefully, maintaining the scowl on her face.

He'd only noticed that she was a lot thinner yet more beautiful. Her slightly parted plump pink lips were inviting and made him even more desperate.

"Leave," she said behind gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry..."

She closed her eyes and sighed deeply.

"What I did is unforgivable. I know... But I didn't know what else to do."

"Leave," she reiterated with a glare. He could tell that she was doing so much to not explode.

"I'm so sorry."

"For what exactly?" She asked, raising her brows. "Are you sorry for taking advantage of me, or treating me like crap? Or leaving me?" She paused to take a breath.

"I did not mean for anything to happen between us. I tried my best to avoid you. You just showed up and..."

"Are you trying to blame me?" She asked, her brown eyes piercing into his. She was nervous and hurt.

Logan shook his head as he took steps towards her to close the gap. She tried to move away from him but stopped on her track as soon as he ran his hands wrapped around her upper arm.

"Stay away from me. Don't touch me," she whispered between heavy breaths.

He felt tears sting his eyes as his heavy heart beat frantically against his chest. "I tried to stay away. I tried..." Logan moved even closer. He wanted every inch between them gone. Words could not describe how much he'd missed her.