Chapter 9

Cassie hated it with everything in her to be back here in this frustrating place, kneeling in front of this irritating man, chained up like an animal.

"The worst thing I hate is dishonesty. And it's disappointing, yet not surprising, that the both of you really thought you could play tricks and get away with it."

Cassie was certain he'd been rambling words for over five minutes but those were the only few words she'd managed to pick from his incoherent speech.

"That is not true," Logan argued.

"So, where the hell is my money?" He asked.

"It-it... The money..." Logan stuttered.

She was certain he was stuck between telling him the truth and dwelling on the possibility of his crazy girlfriend's threat.

"Scar, or whatever the fuck you call yourself, why don't you let him go and deal with me. He has nothing to do with this. That is of course if you're not scared to be outsmarted by a woman again." Cassie intervened, a smile playing on her lips.

Logan turned to face her with an expression of utter disbelief. She ignored him. Playing safe was his idea and she was completely over it. She wanted this nonsense to come to an end.

The old man took quick steps towards Cassie and took hold of her jaw, squeezing it roughly. "I think it's about time I taught you a lesson so you learn how to keep your mouth shut!"

"Argh!" She shrieked.

"Let her go, please. I'm sure that was a slip-up and she's sorry."

Cassie listened to Logan and the shock of watching him defend her almost completely replaced the pain.

The man released her forcefully and she fell to the ground, hitting her forehead in the process. Logan moved towards her on his knees and she could see how frustrated and angry he was that he couldn't do more to defend or even comfort her.

"I might as well get over all of this," the boss said angrily and motioned for Flame to hand over the gun to him.

Logan had observed his movement and began to beg desperately. "I can still get the money. I just need a little more time, please."

"No way. I'm not going to let you or this woman play any more games."

"I'm not... I'm not playing games... I promise. Just one phone call, please." His voice held desperation.

Flame cleared their throat. "Uhh... I don't think killing them just yet would do any good. I mean, we've been down here all day. What's the harm in waiting one more hour?"

The boss hesitated and with a sigh, replied, "Fine. Just an hour and after that, I'm done with this shit." He walked forward and then came back. "I heard Gold came around."

Flame nodded. "She did, yeah." They sounded a bit confused.

"And where's she now?"

"She left. I thought..." They paused as the bald man waved his finger.

"Find your sister and tell her I demand to see her immediately," he commanded.

"Yes, boss," Flame replied with a salute.

Cassie guessed right that Natasha was probably Gold and she couldn't believe it was possible to roll her eyes any further. It felt even greater to know that they'd been abducted by an entire family of maniacs. 

"If the money is not here in an hour, you know what to do," The old man spoke facing no one in particular as he made his way out.

They were accompanied back to their room in like manner to how they were brought out in the first place yet this time, Flame chose to handcuff them to the pole just how they'd been in the morning.