Chapter 3

6th June 2019

2:00 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan sat there glaring at his soon to be ex-wife while she reciprocated with a look of disdain. He desperately needed to be out of here and he couldn't believe that the first opportunity to make a negotiation, had been ruined by Crazy Cassie.

Why did he have to be stuck with this woman that would stop at nothing to get on the last of his nerves?

Words couldn't describe how much she had frustrated him in the last half of their sixteen-year long marriage.

Seven years ago, that was when it all went downhill, to a place they could never return from. They were unable to talk about it or move on. They only kept on with the arguments which never stopped till this moment.

Freedom and peace were all Logan had been looking forward to for the past 5 months since Cassie had packed her bags and left their home, bluntly refusing to grant him a divorce.

Three weeks ago, she'd called and they set up an appointment, finally. It was all too bad that this had to happen today, which made him all the more suspicious of her.

"Why are you staring at me like that? Are you plotting to kill me or I'm no longer the 'old woman' and you now find me attractive?" She asked with a smirk playing on her plump pink lips he hated to say that he still loved it. 

Logan knew that even though Cassie had the nastiest attitude, she was an attractive woman and he'd never believed otherwise for a minute. However, calling her old was an attempt to soil her ego and have the upper hand.

Their marriage felt somewhat like a power tousle, where the winner was the one that did the most damage.

"I hate you," Cassie muttered.

This was not the first or even the hundredth time she'd echo those words which reminded him that she still had feelings for him, even though they were on the wrong side of the love spectrum.

"Glad to hear that. I'd be a liar if I didn't say I feel the same," he replied.

Logan felt everything negative towards Cassie. Anger, sadness, rage, frustration, but if he wanted to be honest with himself, he knew he didn't hate her. He couldn't. He loved her with all of his heart.

"I hate being here with you," she said.

"Why? Are you scared you'll fall in love with me again and I won't reciprocate your feelings?" He asked with every intention of upsetting her.

"Even if there was a gun to my head and a knife to my throat urging me to do otherwise, I'll still spit on your face," she replied with a quiet voice filled with so much disdain.

It made him wonder if she was actually telling the truth. It made him wonder what he'd done so wrong to make her stop loving him.

"Quit staring at me, now!" She said, authoritatively.

Logan finally tore his eyes away, towards the only window in the room, which provided light. "I hope you know we're still obliviously chained up here like animals because of you," he uttered, suggestively.

"Oh please, Mr. Perfect, what have I done this time?" She replied, mockingly.

"I was trying to negotiate-"

"You were trying to feed me to the dogs and walk away freely. That ain't no negotiation," she corrected him.

"Because you know the truth. You are responsible for this!" He said, getting angry all over again.