viii. isn't she lovely

* possible trigger warnings: mature language

"quackity! can i please get a picture with you?" the bright eyed teenager girl beamed politely, she seemed jittery and overly hyper to the pair in front of her.

"quackity? who the hell is quackity?" arabella inquired with her eyebrows furrowed.

"you don't know who quackity is? he's right next to yo-" the teenager foretold until alex cut her off.

"hey! cariño [darling], can you purchase our tickets?" alex beamed with a fake grin before he swiftly slouched downward beside arabella's ear. "i have no idea what this girl wants, but i recommend you get out of here before you start swinging at her," the beanie wearing boy whispered to the girl. with a small chuckle, alex pulled out his wallet, gesturing for the girl to buy them go-kart racing tickets. alex only hoped that his lie was believable.

arabella let out a light sigh before cautiously taking the wallet alex offered her. he was right, arabella was one to easily lose her temper and lash out to a stranger; so she was glad that alex took this strange situation into his own hands. "okay. i'll be back," the hazel-eyed girl orated softly. she thought the incident was weird, but arabella shook it off; trusting that alex had the odd scenario handled.

once alex watched the brunette leave his peripheral vision, he quickly turned his body toward the eager-eyed fan beside him. "so what about that picture?" the beanie wearing boy effused with a closed smile.

"yeah! you don't mind if i take a photo with you, right?" the teenage girl babbled with a grin.

"not at all!" alex exclaimed before he leaned downward to take a selfie with the nice girl.

once the teenager snapped the photo, she immediately turned to the black haired boy with her eyebrows raised. "who was the girl?" the fan casually bleated while putting her phone back into her purse.

"girl?" alex puzzled as he began to stand upright.

"yeah, the girl. the girl you came with," the teenager enunciated, her eyebrows remained lifted out of curiosity.

"oh, her? she's a friend. just a friend," the brown-eyed boy elaborated before shrugging his shoulders and digging his hands into his jean pockets.

"a friend, really?" the teenager remarked with a smug look plastered across her face. "i might be dumb, quackity. but i'm not that dumb," the fan retorted with a giggle, she brought the palm of her hand over her mouth to cover her laughing.

"what?" alex quizzed with his eyebrows furrowed, digging his hands deeper into his jeans. "i never said that you were-"

"quackity, it's okay. if you're not ready to tell people that she's your girlfriend, i understand," the bright-eyed teenager mused between giggles.