Chapter 14

With that, she walked off with the male guard into the woods, leaving about fifteen omegas stranded. Eren felt goosebumps overcome him as all at once the omegas began to scream in despair, already losing their minds as they watched their friend slowly bleed out.

He knew Hange was insane.

He fucking knew it.

OoOoO

Levi's POV

"If you came here to tell me you failed, escort yourself back out."

Levi drawled, his eyes dead set to looking outside his window while he sipped his steaming cup of tea. The raven-haired alpha was relaxed, seemingly deep in thought as he reclined in his wooden chair that somehow managed to remain balanced on its two back legs. A nice blend of lemony mint leaves, orange blossom, and vanilla lingered throughout the room, Levi's signature scent permitting everything inside.

Hange gave a small laugh at the condescending order, shutting the door behind her to lean against it with a roll of her shoulders and grin etched on her face. Her nose twitched as she scented the room and the brunette pushed through, knowing that he wasn't upset in the slightest.

"I wouldn't have let myself in here if that was the case your highness—I know you hate when people waste your time-"

"-yet, you continue to do that despite me asking you several damn times to stop-"

Levi began when Hange groaned, waving away his irritation with a weak wave.

"Ah, the past is the past Levi—lighten up!"

Levi squinted at her words before dragging his attention back to outside his window, taking a sip of his tea and sighing as the divine natural tea slipped down his throat to warm him in the cold morning. If this had been anyone else, there was no doubt that Levi would have kicked their ass out himself.

However, he and Hange went way back—not as far as him and very few others, but far enough that he could excuse the blatant disrespect. They weren't simply prince and royal staff. They were friends, close friends and that was a title Levi upheld to the T despite what others may think of his attitude.

Besides, what she'd done...he owed her one.

Ah, speaking of Hange, she was still talking.

"—though, a bear trap? It's a bit eccentric, even for you Levi."

She jabbed at him, the woman now lounging in the loveseat and becoming one with the cushions. Levi gave an offhand shrug, mind caught up in a loop of thought as he halfheartedly listened to her rambling.

"It is, isn't it."

      Levi murmured, resting his tea down on the desk and leaning forward to get a better look outside. Hange felt a buzz of urgency appear in her throat and stood up promptly to try and get a look as well.

      Carefully, like a thief in the night, the woman made her way to stand by the prince's side; acting as his shadow and scanning outside for what could have seized the royal's eye. Once she spotted it, her eyes broadened with a spark, body nearly leaping as enthusiasm began to circulate through her being.