Chapter 12

Previous chapter:

His gunmetal eyes saw Eren's face blank into a deadpanning gaze and Levi tried his best to push down the unwanted wave of shame.

"Yes, you creepy midget."

"Well, my height is made up for in other places, brat...just like how your intelligence is made up by your forehead space."

"Y-you!"

Seeing the brunet flush in anger, Levi would say he won that round fair and square. The two bickered back and forth like an old married couple, remarks and joking snarls flying freely as time went on. The brunet and raven relaxed without even realizing it. Levi crossed the room to take a seat on the arm on the chair while Eren asked various questions while fiddling with objects around the room. Eventually, noon bled into the afternoon and the two finally stopped talking when they caught sight of the golden hours. The room was bathed in an orange light just as Levi heard Eren laugh at a remark he had made and right there and then, Levi made a promise to himself.

Even if his mate was a stubborn dumbass of a brat, maybe he wasn't that bad.

Not bad at all.

OoOoO

"So...What's it like being the prince's right hand man?"

     Eren asked, fiddling with a stray string on his shirt, looking down before directing his gaze into Levi's own. The brunet was intrigued by the raven haired man. Yes, at first he had been a dick and even now he still was but somehow his dry sarcastic humor managed to charm. Of course, not charm in a way that made him swoon, hell no. They had just met, what did he look like falling the second an alpha was being nice to him?

     If that happened, it would only be possible in a teenager's erotic dream. It was unrealistic.

       Watching the shorter man, he watched him settle in his seat.

"It's a taxing job to say the least. On a good day, It's a real shit show."

     Eren's eyebrows rose in surprise. He didn't expect to hear that. Levi nodded once he saw his expression and continued on.

"It's not as easy as people tend to think, brat. Right hand man is basically like being the prince—save for royal coronations and the such."

      He left it at that. Eren wondered if his vagueness was on purpose or not. Judging from the constipated facial expression that had barely changed throughout their conversation, he couldn't really tell for sure.

"You know, ye being real vague. Really, what's it like? Especially with this...whole thing happening right now. "

      Eren waved his hand to gesture he was referring to the Choosing.

"I'm sure it's every alpha's dream to have beautiful omegas just throwing themselves at their feet?"

'Especially any omega they could ever want...'

       The thought wasn't a stranger to his head, yet he held it. Levi's eyebrows rose in contemplation, an intimation to his amusement.