Chapter 15

"I guess It would be best to begin writing my dear Moblit a letter regarding my fate?"

       Levi dug holes into her back snd it was only when she heard him turn on his feet while reeling in his scent that he responded to her jest.

"Expect an escort in thirty minutes, shitty glasses."

      Hange couldn't help but cackle at that, opening the door to his quarters and stepping out. Little did she know though, that Levi'a lips housed a tiny smile on his face as he blew a gust of air out his nose once the door closed shut with a click!

OoOoO

Eren's POV

.
.
.

A rare beauty of a dark barn owl was awake unlike her relatives of night. The tree branch it resided on as a temporary perch swayed in the early winter breeze, the chill causing the bird to fluff its feathers urgently. Resembling a dark cotton ball, the bird shook out their wings while stretching its legs as it sought out the endless sky above with a crane of its neck.

After observing the short pale man in the window, the barn owl took off to the skies. The avian used the breeze to its advantage, remiges supporting its body while covert feathers allowed for an impeccable aerodynamic form. For a minute, the bird soared high above, simply relaxing in a moment's peace. However, a whistle that picked up in intensity sounded as the barn owl dropped from the heavens.

The breeze screamed during its descent, nearly piercing as gravity pulled the bird closer and closer to the earth. Right as the owl seemed ready to crash face-first into the branches, the avian tucked its wings close to its body to do a tight barrel-roll, expertly maneuvering down the sturdy body of life that housed browning leaves in early winter. Left, right, front, and center, the owl twisted and rolled to avoid stray branches and snags with a faint croon.

   With startling speed the owl's wings snapped out to beat them frantically in an effort to brake. Not stopping until they were suspended in the air, the owl twisted it's head to look around.

Seeming to be unsatisfied with their location, the owl  beat its wings harder and climbed a little higher until a proud croon was heard. The breeze picked up again and the bird hurried to where they made a temporary home.

        Lazy and unhurried, a complete contrast from earlier, the owl landed on the branch, it's body wobbling like pudding as it gathered it's bearings.

With a soft hoot, it turned its head to a small alcove and hopped into the opening to shield itself from the frigid wind.

         All signs of a nest was absent and the bird crooned in satisfaction. There was no other bird here. This place would be perfect for a nest, shielded as it was. Sadly, it would have to collect twigs and fluff later as the weather was ill suited for that task.

        Making do with the slight warmth and it's own feathery plume, the ebony barn owl settled down. From its comfy position, the bird could see inside the building and with a crooning chirp, gazed inside.

Past the lightly frosted window, was an empty stone room. Two bunk beds on each side looked untouched from a maid's expert work. A small furnace was attached to a corner, its flute trailing up to the ceiling in dark bronze glory.