Chapter 3

After brushing his teeth, chewing mint leaves, and taking a bath, Levi was dressed and clean for the day. He walked out of his room, walking past many castle staff who bowed at his presence. He made sure to acknowledge them with subtle nods, no matter how many times he saw their faces pass by. His steps tapped repeatedly against the marble floors of the castle, footsteps echoing occasionally in an empty hall. After numerous twists, turns, and nods, Levi reached his destination, walked down marble stairs, and arriving before the grand dark oak doors that stood as one of many entrances to the castle and pushed them open. He saw everyone in place like always on the day of The Choosing, Erwin, Hangi, and Mike at the front while Petra and Auruo were on the side of the carriage. Eld and Gunther were in the back.

He walked up towards Erwin who had a blank look on his face.

"You know where we are going Er--"

       A snort came from Mike along with a cackle from Hange. A vein slowly but surely made its presence known on Levi's neck as he glared at them both intensely.

"What is it Mike, Hangi?"

       That caused Hangi to laugh louder with the rest of the guards soon following, Erwin's lips twitching not to smile or laugh.

"That's the thing! Today's not The Choosing at all! That's another full moon away! HAHAHA!!!"

       The woman fell from her horse as she shook on the ground.

"The precise Levi who's always on point, fell for my trick once again? Oh, it's a miracle!"

      Again? Yes, again. Levi remembers the bitch playing this trick on him last year but it was actually 4 moon cycles away from the important day. The reason why he had been having trouble remembering things was because of the latest shit Kenny seemed-no, loved to dump onto him. He won't go into detail but the amount of things he'd been dealing with is stupid.

"Hange.."

"Ohohoho!"

       She was still laughing. By now, everyone else had quieted down but she was still going.

"Hange...!"

"Wow, Levi! I thought you knew this trick by no--"

"HANGE!!"

Oh shit.

       She immediately stopped laughing only to see a raging entity above her, glaring gunmetal eyes staring into her soul and burning it alive.

"Hehehe...I'm sorry..?"

~*~

      That was how she ended up with half her body stuck in a poor tree, unconscious all the while as Petra and Eld struggling to pull her out. The prince left the idiots alone and walked back inside the castle. Even though his mood had soured somewhat, eventually he was just blearily walking through the halls, feet tapping rhythmically each time he moved forward. Nothing was really on his mind, the prince observing as the staff ran back and forth to complete tasks. Eventually though, he came upon a empty ballroom, doors propped open to allow servants to walk in and out easily. At the moment though, not a soul was in the room except Levi himself.